Anyone know how to... camera phone?

LuvBug

Does anyone know how to transfer photos from a camera phone to your computer? I thought they use to come with a USB cord but I cant find one for my model, it allows infrared transfer but none of my computers have that. I cant email or text message... so Im lost lol!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have NO clue! Sorry! :eek: :eek:

My phone has a camera, but I have never used it. I tried to find a phone that had the features I wanted but was NOT a camera phone, but I couldn't get it. So, my phone has it and has never been used.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
What kind of phone do you have? Mine takes a mini SD card(memory card) and I use that to put everything on the computer. Some also use USB(or other cables), but you have to buy them seperatly.

broken4u05

I have a mini card too but i dont know how to use it. Like were do i put in it my computer i dont have a place. And i have never bought a card never saw the need. Sorry i am no help i cant even send pic text right now

LuvBug

I have NO clue! Sorry! :eek: :eek:

My phone has a camera, but I have never used it. I tried to find a phone that had the features I wanted but was NOT a camera phone, but I couldn't get it. So, my phone has it and has never been used.

lol! yeah that is how I picked my phone. seems like all phones have cameras now-a-days... I figure why not use it if it is there though eh? I was in walmart and decided to try DS in some seats ;) spur of the moment, and always have my phone!

LuvBug

What kind of phone do you have? Mine takes a mini SD card(memory card) and I use that to put everything on the computer. Some also use USB(or other cables), but you have to buy them seperatly.

it is a nokia 6102i, Ive searched for the cable but cant seem to find it. Im not sure exactly what Im looking for though lol!

bbartlettnfld

I have a nokia 6670 camera phone and it comes with a USB cord. You can buy a replacement cord fairly eaisly though as the one I have now is not the original. The cord has a USB side and the other side of mine is a rectangle with two prongs on either end with some tiny gold "teeth" close to the right hand prong. Hope that describes it for you Then you go on to nokia.com and download the programs that you need (Nokia PC suite) then away you go, I actually just did this reciently after having the phone and cord for over a year and a half! Some great old shots and video I almost forgot I had!
BethAnn

LuvBug

I have a nokia 6670 camera phone and it comes with a USB cord. You can buy a replacement cord fairly eaisly though as the one I have now is not the original. The cord has a USB side and the other side of mine is a rectangle with two prongs on either end with some tiny gold "teeth" close to the right hand prong. Hope that describes it for you Then you go on to nokia.com and download the programs that you need (Nokia PC suite) then away you go, I actually just did this reciently after having the phone and cord for over a year and a half! Some great old shots and video I almost forgot I had!
BethAnn

I just couldnt seem to find the cord lol! I dont know what Im looking for except that it is going to be a USB cord for a nokia.
That sounds just like what Id need for my phone though. It has that rectangle with teeth that is my earbud.
Ill try searching ebay for it.

LuvBug

hmm, Id guess that that is it, but it says nothing about photos that I can find lol!
and man!!! for that price Id rather just deal with my boss getting mad at me for emailing them to myself from the phone lol!

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I guess I am the odd one, I email myself the pictures. I have my email address as a contact and it just sends it to my email like any other text message. I always send pictures to my mom and DH of the kids so then I send it to myself as well.

Rachel

LuvBug

well I can email them to myself, its just that it costs money. It is a company phone. I cant do text messages, emails, IMs, get on the internet, ect... anything that costs extra on top of the monthly plan. I have the capabilities, am just told not to do it lol!

It has an infrared port so maybe I can figure out what computers are equipt with one. I would have thought ours at work was because it is so new... but I couldnt seem to find it(not exactly sure what Im looking for though).

TheRealMacGyver

Phone frustrations...why do we allow phone companies to do this stuff to us? They make a ton of money on all these extra cables (after they "give" you the phone free). I just have to vent on this thread (sorry). Why don't they just make a phone that actually works as a phone, instead of adding all these other nonsense features? Something has got to give with these cell phone companies.

BTW, on your situation, I would see if you can get a "plain-old" camera, that will probably work better than your phone/camera for cheaper or the same price, as the cable that you need.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
We opted to get a phone w/ a memory card because Verizon forces you to use their services to transfer info to a computer (they block all bluetooth other than headsets, and don't allow USB transfer).

LuvBug

Phone frustrations...why do we allow phone companies to do this stuff to us? They make a ton of money on all these extra cables (after they "give" you the phone free). I just have to vent on this thread (sorry). Why don't they just make a phone that actually works as a phone, instead of adding all these other nonsense features? Something has got to give with these cell phone companies.

BTW, on your situation, I would see if you can get a "plain-old" camera, that will probably work better than your phone/camera for cheaper or the same price, as the cable that you need.

vent away! I feel the same! I personally have always disliked flip phones but the ONLY candybar phone they had was the one I already was using and having issues with... so I settled on the toned down flip with basic features. I didnt need a camera, but I figure its great to have it when you need to take a spur of the moment pic lol!
I have my real camera, then I have a $10 pocket camera the size of my phone for taking with us and random photos. But when Im grocery shopping I only take my wallet, keys, and phone... so I dont have the camera for those spur of the moment photos like DS being ultra cute in front of the bananas, or a random carseat fitting, ect...

Use to when I first looked at camera phones they came with the USB cord, earbud, home charger, AND car charger... now phones come with the home charger and thats it... I had to pay $30 for the earbud(which I use a lot) and the car charger(which I only ever use).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC