Pictures of dd in her Lizards in Line TB

disbugsmomma

I've had this booster for 2 weeks and hadn't played with it yet! So we had to go out and play with it today. :p The lap belt is a really good fit, but the shoulder belt was a bit too close to her neck for my comfort. She is just at the minimum height for the seat and 4lbs over the minimum weight. We will probably start training with it in the spring, maybe a bit earlier depending on weather.

The belt looks good on this one, cheezin' it up for the camera.

P1000855.JPG

She wouldn't sit still after the first pic though. :rolleyes:

P1000856.JPG

P1000858.JPG

Being a goof.

P1000860.JPG

Just wanted to share. :love:

ADS

TerisBoys

Try moving the headrest up one more click. It should still contain her head, and usually helps with belt geometry (on the off chance that it HAS to be used in an emergency now).

MarathonMama

Try moving the headrest up one more click. It should still contain her head, and usually helps with belt geometry (on the off chance that it HAS to be used in an emergency now).

Do you mean down? The TB manual states that the bottom of the headrest portion must be even with the top of the child's shoulders. (pg 26)

Perhaps putting it down 1 click will help to position the shoulder belt away from her neck.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's no danger in the belt being too close to the neck, EXCEPT the danger that the child may be uncomfortable and will put the belt behind their back to be more comfortable. It's safER in a crash to be closer to the neck, to prevent the risk of the child rolling out of the belt, as might happen if it's further towards the outside of the shoulder and goes off her arm in a crash.

Cute kiddo! :love:

Maedze

Right, having it close to the neck is not dangerous. Don't move it up. That's to fix a belt too close to the edge of the shoulder.

The closer to the neck, the less likely she is to 'roll' out of the seatbelt in an impact.

The reason it's a problem to have a shoulder belt close to the neck with an unboostered child is that the child may attempt to swing the belt behind her out of discomfort. That's highly unlikely to happen in a booster.

Last edited:

firemomof3

She looks so cute :love: I think waiting till the spring is a good idea :thumbsup: I'm in the same situation with dd2, she's not quite ready (both with size & maturity) for her booster so I'm waiting till spring to try again :)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I bought the same one a few weeks ago to have around as a back up or emergency seat if I need to take one of DS's friends home from school. I haven't tried him in it yet. Your DD looks great :)

disbugsmomma

Thanks everyone! I did try the headrest in a few different positions and the one I left it on looks the best as far as belt fit. Is the headrest always so difficult to move on the TB? I was thinking it should be easier than that. :thumbsdown: Anyway, it's back in the house, where it will remain for quite some time, unless there is some emergency where I don't have a harnessed seat here. (it could happen :shrug-shoulders: ) :thumbsup:

Angela

Thanks everyone! I did try the headrest in a few different positions and the one I left it on looks the best as far as belt fit. Is the headrest always so difficult to move on the TB? I was thinking it should be easier than that. :thumbsdown: Anyway, it's back in the house, where it will remain for quite some time, unless there is some emergency where I don't have a harnessed seat here. (it could happen :shrug-shoulders: ) :thumbsup:

Was she sitting up against the back when you tried to move the headrest? The headrest part extends all the way down the seat, so if she was pushing on it, that would make it harder to adjust.

lauralou

We just got one from kmart last week.23.99.I love it,but DS is not ready for it .He fits great.The lap belt actually goes in place on his legs.But he gets restless.

flutie128

I have that booster for DS and love it. Right now that one lives in MIL's car since she picks him up from the bus stop sometimes. She looks so cute in that booster and proud about being in it.

Splash

$24 bucks at kmart!? Quick, quick... Where is there a kmart near me? Must. Have. Lizard. Booster.

Athena

$24 bucks at kmart!? Quick, quick... Where is there a kmart near me? Must. Have. Lizard. Booster.

Agreed! :) Although I've never looked at boosters so I actually have no idea what they normally cost.

OP, was that why you bought it ahead of time? So cute! (your DD and the seat:))

But we already have 2 GNs and no plans to booster train anytime soon.

Splash

Just ordered 3 from the website (my SIL said she wanted 2... heck, they'll fit my nephews better than what they're in and I can put the screws in!). I wanted the $18 Avenue or $27 EFTA, but they were out.

Thanks for bringing the awesome deal to my attention! I'll even look over the fact that they're brown... I'll try, at least.

Maedze

Just ordered 3 from the website (my SIL said she wanted 2... heck, they'll fit my nephews better than what they're in and I can put the screws in!). I wanted the $18 Avenue or $27 EFTA, but they were out.

Thanks for bringing the awesome deal to my attention! I'll even look over the fact that they're brown... I'll try, at least.

Hush, you. Go look at my cute child in his cute brown Lizard booster on FB.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC