Totally OT but need some toilet training help..

futuresoccermom

I know this is a carseat board, but everyone here is always so helpful, so I thought I would ask.

Does anyone have any recommendations for potty chairs? We have a very inexpensive one we have been using for ds, but it just isn't comfy for him.See below-

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...&alt_view=custReviews&asin=B00005C4OU&start=1

The bowl is too small(he has to scoot way back to pee, then move forward to poo) and he always has a horrible ring on his bottom.

He doesn't want to use the toilet yet, otherwise I would just use the Bjorn adapter.

Thanks for any help!

ADS

SPJ&E

My son just uses a little potty seat on the toilet...so that was going to be my suggestion. I guess not a good one since your little man doesn't want to use the big one yet! Have you tried getting him a "cool" potty seat for the big potty, just to see if he'll be more interested? They have Sesame Street, if he likes that.

We also have this potty http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4241540 but I took it to my dad's house for him when he goes there. He's okay with using the big potty and I'd rather him do that. We've never had any real problems out of the potty we have though. He could pee/poop without having to change positions. My only complaint is that the pee guard does come off pretty easily...if your son likes to mess with things and pull parts off, that might be a problem, lol.

futuresoccermom

Thanks Ladies!

Cindy1- I'd been looking at that Bjorn potty, but I've never seen it in person so I wasn't sure about it. Do you think it would fit a bigger child?

sam&pacey- That potty you linked to is adorable, I think that might make it too much of a game for him though. I'll try him again with the toilet adapter.

Dillop- I've never seen that potty before, the pot(removable part) looks huge!

Hmmm, now to decide which one to order.

Thanks!

futuresoccermom

Thanks southpaw! Seems to be a really well liked potty so I think I'll order it.

Do any of you have any experience with the Potty Power dvd? My ds is doing okay right now, I just want to keep him excited about it.

Thanks

LuvBug

we also had the baby bjorn potty, simple and easy to use. The only issue I had with it was him being a boy sometimes the force would cause it to overflow a little... hes never peed over the side on the potty ring we have, it has a tall and curved shield that you can leave on or take off. It is an older version of this one http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2324814&cp=2255976.2256090&parentPage=family I have heard BAD things about those now though, that the way the plastic is pressed it makes a sharp edge that cut a few boys(I think it was only boys). As soon as the news story came out I ran and investigated his seat. I rubbed my fingers all up and down trying to find anywhere that could pinch or cut him... luckily I could not... and then I washed my hands lol! We got the one he uses long before he was even born, so I guess that makes the difference.
The tall, deep shield like that is very handy for a boy. He no longer needs it now, but he still uses the ring for comfort. I think I want to invest in a new one now(and the bjorns look nice), its about had its day.

Morganthe

DD never used her Winnie the Pooh Potty chair except to sit & play on in the bathroom. She would use it roleplaying with her dolls, but I didn't trust her to not pop the cup out make a huge mess. So we just never used it for the actual business.

The Pooh seat wouldn't clip on to my very odd shaped German toilet, so I used a European removable seat that worked until we moved. I wasn't fond of having to put it on & off again constantly when she needed it. I found a solution to that in the US.

DD now LOVES her Flip & Flush Seat with the stool from her Pooh potty chair. It's made life soooo easy since she & I share a smaller sized bathroom. I got it in bright pink. Helps to see it in the night and not sit on it by accident. :rolleyes:

She feels so grown up going into the bathroom lifting the lid and there's her seat all ready to go. When she's done, she carefully drops the seat & lid, then flushes. I think it's really helped on the potty training issue with everything so easy. She's also really proud to get things ready by lifting her seat up for ME to use the potty too :rolleyes: :D Her young friends also love that there's something in place for them to use when they visit :D

Family Potty Seat is a more integrated all in one version of this that's more expensive at $40, but I might invest in it since dd will be needing a ring for a long time. She will NOT perch on a large seat, it absolutely terrifies her.
We use the Folding potty seat for public places. It fits in a tiny Seaworld bag and remains in the diaper bag. If we didn't have it, she would NEVER use a public toilet. :( Instead, there's success & smiles :D

Good luck finding the 'right' combo to help your child out :D It's been amazingly simple with few accidents because dd was ready + her child sized gear helped to boost her confidence.
-- Although yesterday, she absolutely freaked going to the restroom because she remembered from 3 months ago, the automatic flushing toilets :eek: . I found a stall without one and she was much happier :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC