Radian 80SL vs. XTSL

Chely7425

First off... Wendy is awesome. She drove down here (like an hour drive) and played carseats with me and the Radians install AWESOME in my car (2010 Jeep Liberty)! And the infant seat fits... and they install well with seatbelts in all seating positions :D

Ok, random celebration over... I am pretty sure I am just going to get the 80SL because my kids aren't huge fans of head wings and it is cheaper but I just wanted to make sure there were no huge advantages to the XTSL :D

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I think if I had to do it over again, I'd skip the headwings. My DS is in the third slot now (from both the top and the bottom) so we have the headwings pulled down. In this position, it bunches up the fabric on the back of the seat (behind his head and neck) and causes him to have head slump. I don't like it at all.
expcrs025.jpg

Chely7425

Yeah, I have heard of that happening... plus, my 2 year old is NOT a fan of the headwings on the CA (tho those things are huge) so I don't think I want to spend the extra 30 dollars for something he might hate.

Cryssy Jane

I have one of each ( you saw my flora today :)) I have my XTSL in an outboard position so for me it was worth it to have the extra head protection. My 80sl is in the middle of the third row so it doesn't necessarily need that extra smidge of protection.

Chely7425

If I had girls I would be getting the xtsl just to get flora covers :) they are so pretty plus as Wendy pointed out they match perfectly with my infant seat... I think though since I really don't have the money for new seats at all I will get the 80sl since that will at least keep everyone rf!!

Cryssy Jane

lol uh... my 2.5 year old god son rides in my flora :love: I also really love the metro cover on the 80sl. I have both the primrose cover and the metro and I :love: the metro!!

Chely7425

My husband would spaz if I put the boys in flower seats... Is the metro cover the grey with dots? Cuz I think that's the one I'm getting...

Cryssy Jane

yep! this one
IMG_3992.jpg
we just got it and love it! It's very soft like the flora cover. I thought it was blue but it is indeed gray.

*disclaimer chest clip looks high but it's really in the right spot, just looks high due to angle of picture taken.

coleslawcat

I have the XTSL and my son loves the headwings. He leans his head against them when he falls asleep and sort of uses them as a pillow. I can see how for some kids they might be annoying, but for him they are great. It keeps his head at a really nice angle. But then again, I wouldn't buy the XT just for that reason, especially since it's pretty hard to know if your kid would hate them or love them.

Chely7425

We have a CA right now and he throws hiss fits trying to see around the head wings! It looks like the Radian ones don't stick out as far but I can't justify spending an extra 30 bucks per seat for something that is likely to anger him... plus, the XTSL doesn't have a cuter cover option :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC