Is the "NEW BRITAX" really that much lower profile than the old??

Mags462

I have looked at countless threads/pics and cannot draw a definitive conclusion. My main issue w/ the old Britax was how high off the seat they rode. In my second row Sienna i really dislike how much of the seat was in the "window" area once installed w/ the old Britax....

So what does everyone think - significantly lower profiles, or just a minor improvement w/ the new generation???

ADS

Mags462

Not as low as the Radians, but I guess it's a little lower... http://carseatblog.com/?p=6583 (The extra SafeCell plastic thing in the base makes it a little tall, but I imagine it's got some safety benefit).

See it's hard for me to tell from those pictures how high off the seat it is, obviously it is lower, but as to how much lower i guess maybe a trip to BRU is on order ....:whistle:

What i would love is a picture of the OTHER side of the seat - so installed RF new Britax taken across the mini-van so the window is framed behind it. :whistle:

wavegal

I have one of it next to the window in my pilot, I don't know if that would help, and its next to the truefit so gives an idea of high or low profile...

njkj

Here is a pic of how high it comes of the seat in my car.

DSC00837.jpg

wavegal

Okay so I have the opposite of what i thought on my camera but I am going to go out and take a pic of it next to the door and then move the true fit back next to it...
44482_575090317690_45904273_33161818_3916624_n.jpg

ETA More pictures! I didn't move the TF because it was 12 and decided I didn't want to go nuts, we tend to get raccoons in the back yard and other animals so didn't want to be surprised by anything! I can in the AM if someone wants! I will move things around and picture for any requests, I can even compare it to a como...
47464_575091146030_45904273_33161835_3040723_n.jpg

Opposite of the first, you can see the tips of the TF, I took this from bench level practically...
47318_575091799720_45904273_33161864_3965018_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mags462

I :love: you for that! It looks like it is considerably lower than it used to be, but i will have to trek to BRU to see how it is in my van. :thumbsup: But you have shown me that it IS worth the trek :) Thanks!

cookie123

I love that paisley pattern. I tried a MA 70 in my car. It looked lower next to the 65 on the shelf. It's got a different shape. But in the car it still seems high up there, ready to launch!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC