FR85 and EFTA?

ADS

Cilia

Those are both HUGE seats, so unless your vehicle is very wide, it's not gonna happen.

I know they're huge, but they looked like they would puzzle better than the RA50 and the FR85...

I just don't seem to get a combo seat to puzzle with what I already have :(

featherhead

What vehicle do you have? Ages and sizes of kids? Is it just for convenience that you want the kids next to each other, or is it necessary?

Cilia

I have a 2008 Matrix and I would like to be able to have an adult in the backseat every now an then. We do not have a headrest in the center in the back. I have had a SR22 outboard and a RA(40) center and I can sit comfortably next to the RA. My shoulders fit perfectly behind the shell of the RA.

DD1 is 4 yo. She is 39" with a torso of about 14" (she has a bout 1/4 of an inch left in the RA before she is too tall. She is not yet over 30# (28-30 depending on day).

DD2 has been in the SR22, but did not like anymore, so she is currently in the EFTA. She is 6.5 months, almost 14#, about 25 " and a torso of about 10".

I have a RA that will expire next year, a RA55 that has DOM Feb this year I believe, a MA that expires next year and an EFTA that has another 3 years if I remember correctly.

I have tried the RN and it fits in my car, but then I would have to get two new ones and I do not sit as comfortably next to one as next to the RA. I also do not like the fit rf in our car, since that means we have to have the passenger seat so far forward.

I would like to use what I have and maybe get a combo seat for DD1. We are good for now and do not really have any need to fit a third adult in the car (right now), so I can just use what we have right now. But I would like to have it all set for when we do have company...

featherhead

Have you tried putting a rear-facing seat in the center and a forward-facing seat outboard? That would definitely give an adult passenger more shoulder room. Also, sometimes they puzzle differently that way as well (depends on the contours of the vehicle seats). If you can't get it to work with any of your seats, maybe try a Maestro for your older child. It is quite a bit narrower than the FR85.

I would probably try the RA50 or MA forward-facing outboard and then one of the other Britax seats rear-facing center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC