Lizzie in the Britax Marathon 70

ChristyH

Ok, let me start by saying that I wanted to hate this seat. After reading some of the threads on here I was already hating it before I had ever seen it in person thinking that even with my tiny girl we wouldn't be able to use it.

Here are Lizzie's stats for the record -

Age 2yrs 4 months
Weight 24lbs
Height 32" tall
Torso 11 3/4"

She is tiny, she still fits in her coccoro rf'ing (not much room but there is some) so I was uncertain how long she would have in the new Britax but was very pleasantly surprised.

This was installed on the BRU bench, not sure if it would make a significant difference in my Odyssey or DH's truck. We need a new seat for DH's truck to replace the coccoro so I'm really hoping this fits the bill.

The headrest is even with the shell which is the perfect strap position on her rearfacing. I didn't have measuring tape with me so I'm not sure exactly how many inches she has left rearfacing.
lizziebritax5.jpg

Side view - Much more leg room than the last Marathon we had
lizziebritax1.jpg

lizziebritax4.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, I had to use my phone and there were other people milling around so I had to be quick.

All in all I really, really like the seat! I was determined walking in not to like it and I'm so happy I decided to check it out because I really think we'll be able to use it. I did notice what everyone is saying about the recline pull, it does feel flimsy and I made sure to be very careful when adjusting it. I love the way the cover comes off and the built in lock-offs plus the storage for the latch connectors.
Yes, I have a small child so I can see where it won't work for everyone but for us it's a great seat!

ADS

msg221

Thanks for posting those pics. I am really curious to see how other 2 year-olds fit!

Your DD is a month older than my goddaughter, the same height but a pound heavier and I believe my goddaughter has about an inch more in her torso. I tried her in the same seat (also at BRU!) this past weekend and here is how she looked in it:

P1020427.jpg

P1020426.jpg

P1020425.jpg

Her legs look like they are a bit longer than your DD's. Could anyone hazard a guess as to whether she might still fit rear facing for another 9 months? I would hope so. I can't imagine her growing so much that she wouldn't fit RF then.

zactayaus

I think she looks great in the seat and I also want to say "Yikes"! My 16mo is the same size as your 2yo except he has like a 13" torso!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC