Ford Escape or Saturn Vue?

MonkeysMom615

I realize Saturn is out of business. :( But I've had nothing but Saturns and love them so I'd consider buying one if I can find it. :)

I'm asking for future reference btw. :) We're probably going to be expanding our family soon so I think we'll want to upgrade DH's car.

I was looking over the specs for each and although I like more of the feature of the Vue it seems the Escape has 3 rear headrests and the Vue only has 2.

I have the following seats that we could mix and match to configure:

SR22
TF (regular, and I have 2 of them)
Radian XTSL

I would LOVE to put the Radian in the new car RFing (it doesn't fit RFing my Saturn L300 unless we stop using the front seat, which we can't do) so I guess we'd do the XTSL RFing and the SR22 until baby got a bit older then it would be the XTSL and a TF both RFing? Does this sound do-able and still have a useable front seat in either of these vehicles?

Guess I just need a sounding board and if anybody has any advice that would be great. :)

On a side note: I refuse to buy a minivan :whistle: and I hate GIANT suv's. :D Hence looking at the smaller SUV's. :)

ADS

lorinick

What Saturn are you looking for? The Vue? Have one hate it and have nothing but problems with it. Can't wait to get ride of it. Wouldn't never recommand one.

The size was great. There are alot of small SUV's on the market along with great crossovers as well. Chevy Equinex is great, Sub Forester would be great. There are many.

MonkeysMom615

What Saturn are you looking for? The Vue? Have one hate it and have nothing but problems with it. Can't wait to get ride of it. Wouldn't never recommand one.

That's sad to hear. :( My family has had a total of 7 Saturns over a span of about 15 years? Never a problem with any of them. :(

ADEE

I have an 06' Saturn Vue and hate it also!!! I have had SO MANY PROBLEMS with it! Big and small issues too (from major engine issues to seat warmer button "falling" into the center console! we went to turn it on and it fell in! We cant get it out, a gaping hole instead). If it wasnt for the fact it will be paid off after the new year (and it has 103k miles) we would sell it and get something else.

swtgi1982

If you ever had to do three across, the escape is a pain, radian would be about your real only easy option. But I doubt they would fit RF in there I have issues getting my scenera RF enough for an infant

I currently have a maestro and two RF sceneras in there and it was not pretty getting them in, good thing the neighbors were not up to hear what I said to the car seats:whistle:

kathysr98

My mother had an Escape when J was born. We never did a three across, but I had no trouble putting a Flex-Loc, EFTA, & Signo in the center, and also did the Signo behind the driver's seat with enough room for a 5'10" driver. I rode next to the EFTA when it was center many times without issue, and I'm not a small person. HTH

SavsMom

I had a 2006 Escape and loved it. Overall it is more reliable than the Vue, since Saturn has gone out of business the Escape will be superrior in terms of holding its value as well.

I always used latch in my Escape and the installs were very easy. I had both a Marathon and Boulevard installed in mine and could see that three across would be possible with the right seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No probs with our 06 Escape, except that the Radian would only fit rearfacing in the middle where it bugged DH to have it next to his arm (stuck through the front seats...couldn't install it rearfacing in an outboard seat or the front seat passengers would eat the dashboard). Also can't install the Radian forward facing outboard with the seatbelt (thus, impossible to squish it over toward the door to get more room for the kid in the middle seat). Safety 1st Go works in the middle, Snugride 35 is narrow at the foot end and a great choice for an infant seat, a Britax would probably be a narrow enough rearfacing convertible, Harmony LiteRider makes a nifty narrow backless booster (the only three acrosses I've done are with long-gone seats, unfortunately!)

cookie123

Really, get a minivan. You'll come to love it with 3 kids. I have the 05 Tribute and I have 3 grandkids. It's perfect for me, and 2 of them, but when they're all in - we can do a Radian rf in the middle, TB driver side and only the FPSV booster fits on the passenger side. Brett has almost outgrown it. Our Radian can rf in center or passenger if no one rides in front. FF, the Radian doesn't install well with latch or seatbelt. It's always loose when you test it front to back at the belt path.

MonkeysMom615

Really, get a minivan. You'll come to love it with 3 kids. I have the 05 Tribute and I have 3 grandkids. It's perfect for me, and 2 of them, but when they're all in - we can do a Radian rf in the middle, TB driver side and only the FPSV booster fits on the passenger side. Brett has almost outgrown it. Our Radian can rf in center or passenger if no one rides in front. FF, the Radian doesn't install well with latch or seatbelt. It's always loose when you test it front to back at the belt path.

We're stopping at 2 kiddo's so I refuse to buy a minivan. :D Plus, I hate them and I do NOT feel comfortable driving one.

I think we'll look into the Escape and DH wanted to look at the Traverse (I think?). It's a little ways away that we'll start looking at cars but it's nice to have a basis to start with. :) Thanks everyone!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC