Jackson now has a 16' torso

arly1983

:eek: He looks like he is sprouting up right in front of me. Thank goodness the cloth diapers are making it possible for him to wear a larger size pants than a 24 months. He really needs the length in the legs. We had to move up his straps to the top slots in the radian though he still has a long way to go there. Please let the new recaro be all its supposed to be.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, that is tall, he's 6mos younger my dd and her torso is 13.5" last I measured. IIRC anyways. ;)

p.s. - 16 feet would be a world record, you meant 16" didn't you. :p ;)

LuvBug

lol! 16 feet :p

Hes a big boy! how tall is he overall?
one lucky thing about cloth diapering is you will buy for a longer torso and when they potty train you will gain back a little bit of room so the seat will last even longer.
(whine I miss my diapers sometimes lol! its been exactly a year since he potty trained... we gained back 1/2" of torso when he did)

arly1983

37.5 inches overall at last doctor visit. I guess he is mostly torso. I am not really sure. What ratio is torso supposed to be with overall height?

LuvBug

it seems to be anywhere from 30-40% We had a thread about it a while ago that we posted torso height, overall height, and then figured the percentage. I wonder what his torso is with no clothes? that would give you the correct torso to standing height. But fully clothed with his diaper he would be 42% but that is going by the 37.5" and if he has gotten bigger he has to have gotten taller.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yikes! Aiden has a 16" torso... he will be 5 on Wednesday!:eek: I always thought he had a long torso (he's 43" tall), but your little guy has him beat!

I'm hoping the new Recaro is all it's cracked up to be too, especially for people like you!:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC