Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

UGH Frustrated about Sienna......

Well we found out today that it could be a good 6+ months before we could get the 04 Sienna we want. There is a extreamly high demand for them in this area right now, and the dealer has 8 on order and 6 of them are already sold. The other 2 are base models. Big kicker is they won't even be here before x-mas!

So I gave up on having one for now, and we went and bought an 04 Odyessy LOL. We really needed the 60/40 split bench the Sienna has, but we can make due with the Odyessy by removing a bucket seat when we travel and putting our dog creates in that position and securing them. For the most part we really really like it.

Things I don't like are the fact that there is no LATCH in the back row, and only 1 tether anchor in the center position on the back row. That mean's I either don't tether my DS's MA when he has to ride back there, or put him next to his 6yr old sister and they just might kill each other on a 4+ hour trip!!!

Darren do you know if you can install another tether anchor in the rear seating positions?

Ok I'm done venting a bit lol!
    Jen E. - CPST-I with 12 years experience.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Congratulations!

Check it out, photo gallery and all:

http://www.car-safety.org/odyssey.html

Order the anchor kits from handaaccessories.com, hparts.com or hondaparts4you.com and save some $$$. The install is easy.

Congrats on the new van! I didn't know the 2004 Odysseys were on the lots already. Please let me know if the tether arrangement varies at all from what I list for 2001-2003. Thanks!

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    *sounds* the same as my 2003, anyway. Kim (safeinthecar) told me to get assertive and go have the dealer add the outboard tether anchors for free....but DH did all the wheelin'-dealin' on it, and I didn't want to make waves after that. The same dealer only charged me $9 each for anchors a few months ago for my CR-V, though, so I might just remind them of that.

Annnywaaay...sounds like a good solution, to take the captain's chair out and make it the dog crate place....maybe you could rig up some ratchet straps to the big metal seat-holding bars to really keep it in place?

Hope you enjoy your new Ody! We LOVE ours!!!!
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good