seat rec pls...34lb, 24mo

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Other than the Radian XTSL...what seat would you recommend? Child is currently in a Nauti, just turned 2. Is 34lbs, 38in tall.

Mom might be willing to turn her back RF, but I'm pretty sure her convertible is a 35lb seat. With such a big kiddo, shes taller and heavier than my 31 month old, what do u think would last the longest RF?

ADS

Jillybeans5

My just 2 year old is 33 lbs and 36 inches and has lots of growing room in his Momentum65. We really like it too, she could get a really good deal on it at the BRU trade-in event. For size reference, I put my 4.5 yr old in it(42" 42 lbs) and if he wasn't over the limit for weight he could still fit RFing in it. Granted my kids don't have terribly long torsos, they are pretty leggy, but still.:twocents:

Momof4Girls

I was not fond of the Momentum...I found that the cushion behind the head on a taller kid pushes their heads very far forward, and my dd3 was quite uncomfy in it.

I think, honestly, if mom will turn 2y/o back RF, I'd go with a RN...it buys the most time RF (to my understanding), assuming that the RN is compatible with their car(s). What is the aversion to a RN?

I think the MR65 had more leg room and similar head room to the Momentum...I prefer the MR65, personally.

judesmommy

What about the complete air?? it has a totally tall shell, can be bought for alot cheaper than the radian and is 40lbs, rearfacing.

She could even score one at the BRU trade in event.... and trade in her current cover.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
What about the complete air?? it has a totally tall shell, can be bought for alot cheaper than the radian and is 40lbs, rearfacing.

She could even score one at the BRU trade in event.... and trade in her current cover.

Trade in the cover? You lost me.

Oh and no aversion to the XTSL. I know its a great option, if it fits their car and budget. It's an easy recommendation for me to make ;)

Chely7425

My 28 month old is a similar weight and about an inch shorter and he is quite comfortable in the CA with a lot of shell left over his head. He does have pretty long legs but it is a good seat for him.

Jillybeans5

I was not fond of the Momentum...I found that the cushion behind the head on a taller kid pushes their heads very far forward, and my dd3 was quite uncomfy in it.

Was it the one with Surelatch? I have the LX model(black rock) and can't imagine what would be doing that, was it the bubble that people were talking about? If so the LX doesn't have that bubble and its cheaper. I didn't like the DLX(olympic) personally either.

Momof4Girls

Was it the one with Surelatch? I have the LX model(black rock) and can't imagine what would be doing that, was it the bubble that people were talking about? If so the LX doesn't have that bubble and its cheaper. I didn't like the DLX(olympic) personally either.

I didn't realize there were multiple options in that seat...yes, it had the SureLatch available on it. It was the only one at my BRU.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Oh, well that makes more sense. I doubt she would want to trade in a perfectly good Nautilus though, since her DD is so big already.I doubt she would end up RF to 4-5 yrs old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC