Need help finding a good deal on the Pliko P3

missesd

Hi, I am fairly new to the site, but this is my frist post over here. Anyway, I am a stay at home mom to 9 (yes, really... LOL), and I am finding my needs are changing in the way of strollers. As of now I have 4- 2 Evenflo's Take Me Too's (premier and Standard), a Graco MetroLite, and a DUO. I started with my MetroLite when I remarried and thought we would only be adding 1 to complete our "bunch". Then we got pregnant again fairly soon, tight on money and in a small town I buckled and bought the Take Me Too standard. Well that sucked!! When the tray broke and wheels started squeaking they sent me the Premier. I liked it, but it wasn't much better. Finally a year or so ago, I grabbed my DUO that matches my original set with car seat at a CS for $60. Not bad, but the canopy is missing a screw, it has no front tray and the wheels started wobbling shortly after we bought it. Well we had out last little princess, and she is now out of her SnugRide, which was the main reason I had for keeping the Metro and DUO. The Evenflo's are just collecting dust in my garage. My dream is to sell them all, and be able to make a hundred or so to put toward a "do it all" stroller. I *believe* this is the P3. I have kept the DUO, just in case the toddler princess falls asleep in the car as we are heading somewhere, but that doesn't happen that often. And I find myself less and less inclined to lug it around or push, so I just let her walk and take the single.... which woulld be great, IF I wasn't beginning to detest it so. My 6 month old, though sitting on her own, is a bit wobbly and is forever the leaning tower of Lena and bonking her head into the side frame :mad: It isn't well covered, and even with the straps on their tightest it still happens :( I figure the Pliko will give me the closest to a double, without having to lug it around, and in less then a year I won't need anyway and won't be stuck with something huge I don't need- which is what I feel with the Sit n Stand combinations.

So I guess I am asking two things....

1. If I have considered all options? AND
2. THE *best* deal out there?? With 9 kids, money is always tight, and so I can't really afford a high end expensive stroller full price, but I am tired of trying to "make do" with something that is now hurting my little one.

Thanks for listening if nothing else.... :)

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What're the ages of your youngest few? Are you sure you can get by with a single?

Keep in mind with the P3, if you were planning on having your 2nd youngest use the rear footboard but your baby still doesn't sit up straight without falling over...you can't use the footboard. It can only be used when the seatback is fully upright (in my experience)...

Do you have a Babies R Us near you? The older Baby Trends might still be in stock (what happened with Baby Tend, anyways? The new ones are so-so) and I really like them for the price. Or if you really only need a single, Albee has a pink fleur Maclaren Quest on for $129.99 right now--which is an absolute steal.

If you think you need a double, you could go visit StrollerSWAP and post an ISO for an older Twin Traveller...? The UK-made (2001 or older) ones are solid.

-N.

missesd

Yeah, I think I'll be ok. My next youngest is 2 1/2, she'll be 3 in May. The odd thing is I went and tried the littlest pumpkin in a P3 at BRU, and she did fine!! No, slumping over or nothing... wierd, huh? Even wierder is that the P3's aren't harnessed to the stroller, so there is more freedom of movement. I would think NOT being attached to the back would make her fall over more??? I made sure and brought my next youngest, too so we could try them out together. I just think the P3 affords me the niceness of having a single with the luxury of having somewhere for my next littlest one to go- if I need it.

I'm gonna go check out that Maclaren, though... ;) And while I was at BRU, they had NO Baby Trend's... I even asked. No one seems to know where they are or why they quit carrying them. I *think* Target has them, though. So, what's your advice on getting a P3 for a price I can afford??

Thanks for all your help~

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would try Craigslist or StrollerSWAP.

The harness on the P3 does attach to the back of the stroller, you slip the plastic bit into that little loop.. Or did you mean that it doesn't attach because it's just in that loop?

-N.

missesd

My impression from the website is that you lopp it to get them buckled, and then unloop it for freedom of movement... do I have that wrong?

And what is this stroller swap I keep hearing about?

Hi, I am fairly new to the site, but this is my frist post over here. Anyway, I am a stay at home mom to 9 (yes, really... LOL), and I am finding my needs are changing in the way of strollers. As of now I have 4- 2 Evenflo's Take Me Too's (premier and Standard), a Graco MetroLite, and a DUO. I started with my MetroLite when I remarried and thought we would only be adding 1 to complete our "bunch". Then we got pregnant again fairly soon, tight on money and in a small town I buckled and bought the Take Me Too standard. Well that sucked!! When the tray broke and wheels started squeaking they sent me the Premier. I liked it, but it wasn't much better. Finally a year or so ago, I grabbed my DUO that matches my original set with car seat at a CS for $60. Not bad, but the canopy is missing a screw, it has no front tray and the wheels started wobbling shortly after we bought it. Well we had out last little princess, and she is now out of her SnugRide, which was the main reason I had for keeping the Metro and DUO. The Evenflo's are just collecting dust in my garage. My dream is to sell them all, and be able to make a hundred or so to put toward a "do it all" stroller. I *believe* this is the P3. I have kept the DUO, just in case the toddler princess falls asleep in the car as we are heading somewhere, but that doesn't happen that often. And I find myself less and less inclined to lug it around or push, so I just let her walk and take the single.... which woulld be great, IF I wasn't beginning to detest it so. My 6 month old, though sitting on her own, is a bit wobbly and is forever the leaning tower of Lena and bonking her head into the side frame :mad: It isn't well covered, and even with the straps on their tightest it still happens :( I figure the Pliko will give me the closest to a double, without having to lug it around, and in less then a year I won't need anyway and won't be stuck with something huge I don't need- which is what I feel with the Sit n Stand combinations.

So I guess I am asking two things....

1. If I have considered all options? AND
2. THE *best* deal out there?? With 9 kids, money is always tight, and so I can't really afford a high end expensive stroller full price, but I am tired of trying to "make do" with something that is now hurting my little one.

Thanks for listening if nothing else.... :)

Albeebaby.com is having a good sale on pegperegos and maclarens right now and they ship for free.

lovinwaves

My P3 Peg-Perego is for sale. Here is my Craigslist listing http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bab/299089271.html

If you need more info or pix just shoot me a PM message or email. Also, where are you located?

Also, I have found with this stroller, that you DO NOT need to recline the seat for your 6 mth old to keep their head from tilting. If they are leaning forward then that is different, but if they are just leaning to the side, then you will LOVE LOVE LOVE the deep/high side wings on the p3. Even my almost 3 year old finds them handy ;)

-Melissa-

lovinwaves

My impression from the website is that you lopp it to get them buckled, and then unloop it for freedom of movement... do I have that wrong?

And what is this stroller swap I keep hearing about?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The harness system on the P3 is called a "Floating or Free Harness". That way the child can move around not feel so "harnessed" in like a carseat for example. It keeps them much happier, but still safe.

StrollerSwap is on Yahoo Groups. It is a place to ask questions, sell, swap, or buy strollers. They have a VERY high standard for strollers that are sold on there. They usually swap, buy, or sell mainly high end strollers. Every blue moon you will see a Graco or evenflo, but that is NOT the norm for their site. I am a member there actually :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC