Maestro on an airplane

vonfirmath

The pictures will probably have to wait until next week as we have grandparents in town now that we are back.

I took the Evenflo Maestro on our recent trip -- 4 vacation legs on various Southwest Boeing 737 planes.

It didn't fit in the scanner at any of the airports involved (Austin, Phoenix, and SeaTac) -- ALMOST fit, but was slightly too tall on the tips. So it has to be wanded. IT fit into our umbrella stroller (Silver Cross Fizz), though needed to be bungie-corded in or it dumped my son out when he leaned at all forward when sitting in it.

It is a Forward facing seat that fit fine in all the airplane seats I tried it in. There is a large area to put your hand in, making installation easy. It is possible the buckle could be felt by the child through the cover, but my son never complained.

The seat left enough room in front of the room for my 3-year old, 32 pound, 36-inch son to stand there while I installed it (between my seat and the seat ahead)

He COULD use the airport tray in this seat -- although it did not go entirely flat. The cupholders on the Maestro prevented the tray from going all the way down. Also the cupholders can not be used at the same time the tray is.

When the seat ahead is reclined, the tray becomes nearly unusable. But other than that, it works fine.

The only time my son could reach the seat ahead to kick/push on it was when the seat ahead was reclined. He did seem to be rather upset by his legs "dangling" though and ended up out of the seat, "walking" between his seat and mine on each leg.

He did manage to sleep in the seat, though it looked really uncomfortable to me.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC