Seat with most RFing room but takes up the least amount of space?

arly1983

DS is not short. He is 18 months old and 28 lbs and 33.5 ins standing with a little more than average length torso.

I need the seat that takes up the least amount of room RFing to accomadate my 6.4 DH as the driver but be good for ERFing. I will be thrilled if I make it to two and consider anything past that as a bonus.

For reference, the RA50 is close but no cigar at installed at a 35 degree angle which is most upright i am comfortable with. What seat gives an in or more room?

ADS

arly1983

You mean, the RA50 takes up too much space, or it won't get your son rearfacing to age 2?

Takes up too much room. I think it would easily get him to 2 RFing as long as he stays at his currant growth pattern. Probably will outgrow it by height like J did at 2.5ish or after and J's was a 33 lb Marathon.

jjordan

Ironic recommendation in light of the "Britax responds on FB" thread, but... maybe one of the new Britax convertibles? :)

dmpmercury

If the marathon is close a myride might work. I couldn't fit a boulevard behind the driver but I tried a myride and it should work. Could you install behind the passenger or in the center? Do you have a BRU nearby? They let you try seats in your vehicle for fit. The new britax seats sit lower with a shorter shell so they may work.

arly1983

Ironic recommendation in light of the "Britax responds on FB" thread, but... maybe one of the new Britax convertibles? :)

No thanks, seen one and I was not impressed. Maybe at half price...but I don't use seats on bases FFing so the cost is not worth it to me.

If the marathon is close a myride might work. I couldn't fit a boulevard behind the driver but I tried a myride and it should work. Could you install behind the passenger or in the center? Do you have a BRU nearby? They let you try seats in your vehicle for fit.

No, due to lots of factors out of my control, it looks like that drivers outboard is the only place I can put him and they are captains chairs so no middle.

Never tried a MR, for some reason I thought it took up the same amount of room RFing so I never thought of it. I have a BRU close so I will have to check. :thumbsup:

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
The CA is easy to get upright and I've found it doesn't take up any more room front to back than our fpsvd.

arly1983

The CA is easy to get upright and I've found it doesn't take up any more room front to back than our fpsvd.

CA, I had one I don't remember how much room it took up in my van. Maybe I have pics somewhere.

You would think I would know this with all of the seats I have owned buts its never been an issue until now.

dmpmercury

It seemed like the complete air took up slightly more or about the same as the marathon. I couldn't fit it behind the driver in my vehicle but it might just be because of where my headrests are. They carry them at BRU so you can defiantely try.

arly1983

It seemed like the complete air took up slightly more or about the same as the marathon. I couldn't fit it behind the driver in my vehicle but it might just be because of where my headrests are. They carry them at BRU so you can defiantely try.

Thanks,

I have pics but they do not show RFing room. Darn.

Looks like a trip to BRU is coming.

I so wish DS didn't have to go passenger's side. He NEEDS to be there because he is now unbuckling his crotch strap and did exactly what I thought he would do when I put a piece of velcro on the button: he took it off and chewed on it. :rolleyes: I have to lean to the side and tilt my mirror or turn all the way around to check.

Plus there is the wonderful habit of putting his feet on the seat in front of him and pushing exactly where your lower back would be. As the passenger you can reach your arm back and knock them down but while I am driving and need both hands for the wheel, it gets old. Then thats the side he needs to be on for me to be able to go through the pickup/dropoff line and be able to buckle him without turning around in my seat.

Brookiemom

My 23 month old, very tall boy is in a rf My Ride. He is 30ish pounds, 36". I love the seat. We have an Outback wagon and my 6'4" dh can fit in front of it but would be more comfortable if he could scoot the seat back a click or two. Not sure what kind of car yours is. DH usually tries to drive so that he's in front of the ff seat and can scoot back instead.

In terms of outgrowing, I imagine the My Ride would work. It's a great seat (but pretty wide).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC