Help me help my friend pick/buy a seat please

Ok so one of my best friends has 2 little boys ages 3 1/4 and 14 months.

She is pro ERF since I educated her when her 3yo was a baby.

When Vincenzo was about 8 months old she got him a MA as it was more or less one of the only good options to keep him RFing at the time and was available at Target.

She has another MA now but her other half is not happy with Marciano's legs being "all bent and uncomfortable" :rolleyes: She didn't consult me before buying the second MA as she just didn't realize that there were other options since her oldest was a baby- not her fault, she was simply familiar with the MA and after it saved Vincenzo's life when he was 18 months old she trusted it!

She mentioned that she may "have to" turn the baby and I explained that we can find another RF seat for him that will allow him more room. I know that the Britax convertibles are not generous in that sense so I believe we can find another good seat to keep him RF and keep his daddy happy :thumbsup:

So hit me with all the best ERF seats for her son that will get him to at least 2 and allow him more leg room. He is currently 14 months and 25lbs. Not sure how tall but he's probably a fair size and tall- haven't seen him recently but his brother was on the larger side.

After using the Britax seats she is going to want something sturdy, comfortable and easy to use or she will hate it. What comes to mind? I looked at an Avenue today and it seemed to have more room but really, I'd like to find her something other than Dorel as I even have trouble installing those seats so I'm thinking she really would. Her seats are moved around a little bit so I want something she can get a good install with time after time... I'm just not confident in Dorel seats when it comes to installation unless you're a pro.

Primary vehicle is a Toyota pick up... I think it's a Tacoma? I know it has LATCH and it's not very old...maybe 3-4 years.

Thanks for your help... I know I'm forgetting options so spam me with all the possibilities. Price shouldn't be too much of an issue as she'll be able to sell one of her MA's to get some back.

ADS

flutie128

Well, I love my TF but I don't know if it would get the baby to 2. My DD is 2, 25 pounds and 36 inches tall, she fits in it comfortably with plenty of room to grow. I have never used a Britax but I find the TF really easier to install in a Mazda Protege, Dodge Caravan, and a Toyota Sienna.

Jillybeans5

My above average 2 yr old has a Momentum65 and has plenty of growing room. He was in a MA before that I loved, and I love this seat too if that says anything.:p

ericarizo

The TF might work. My DD is 2yrs. 10mo's. old, 26 1/4lbs. and 36in. tall and is only on the 2nd slot RF. She still has 1 more slot to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC