Question HELP!!! 15 Month old

2girls4me

My 15 month old dd is RFing in a MA. She somehow is unbuckling the chest clip :thumbsdown: I went less than a mile down the road today and by the time I got to my destination, she had it undone. I thought at first, "OMG I forgot to buckle her" but on the way home she did it again. :eek:

So what can I do to prevent her from unbuckling the chest clip. She's really to young to grasp why it's not ok. I'm at a loss!

ADS

Maedze

Wow, impressive dexterity for a baby. Can you put her in an open button up blouse, then when you've got her buckled in, button the blouse OVER the harness?

2girls4me

hmm, I guess I could do that. Would kind of be a pain, but with fall coming soon I could do that with her jacket definitely. I'm not sure she has a button up blouse though...will have to look.

emtb79

How bout "one wrap" velcro. It wraps up on itself and wrap it aroudn the chestclip. Then you would hear her if she unwrapped the velcro and could tell her no.

2girls4me

I think that would work well, thank you! I'll ask DH to pick some up from the store on his way home from work!

ame0312

Here is a picture of what I was talking about.

that's a cool idea... mine haven't ever tried to escape though... riya always want to be the one to help buckle herself... austin he's contrary so im sure it wont be long til he tries to get out... definitely keep this in mind... :thumbsup:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wouldn't wrap something around the chest clip like that at all. The chest clip is designed to move down or break open in a crash. If it can't break open it may injure the child. No guarantees it'll move down.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC