08 Lancer 3rd on the way

A

Ashley

Hello,

I currently have 2 children ages 4 (40 pounds) and 6(50 pounds) and a third one on the way Due Jan 2011. we own a 08 lancer and are trying to figure out what we will need to squeeze all 3 of them in the back. not worried money wise as to having to buy 3 brand new carseat/booster seats as we cant afford to buy a new vehicle. any help at all would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

ADS
U

Unregistered

Thank you!

I currently have a highback cosco Pronto and a Graco backless turbobooster. we have at one time had friends daughter in the backseat with 3 kids but we had different car seats at the time. now just from looking at it with the current boosters there would be no room for a baby seat in the middle. but reading this forums im confident now it can be done with the right seats! any help at all would be really really appriciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

canadiangie

I have an '08 Lancer. Let us know what seats you currently have and we can go from there.

It is however going to be a tight squeeze. This I promise.

canadiangie

Hello,

I currently have 2 children ages 4 (40 pounds) and 6(50 pounds) and a third one on the way Due Jan 2011. we own a 08 lancer and are trying to figure out what we will need to squeeze all 3 of them in the back. not worried money wise as to having to buy 3 brand new carseat/booster seats as we cant afford to buy a new vehicle. any help at all would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Would you consider putting your 4 year old back into a 5 point harness? A three across set-up with boosters in the mix can be really awkward in terms of buckling. Your hands really take a beating reaching between seats to buckle, and kids usually can't do it themselves because things are so snug.

If you're open to considering it, I would suggest a Sunshine Kids Radian in the middle for your 4 year old. You would need to make sure he still has room in terms of shoulders not being above the top harness slots, but I'm guessing he would still have a few inches to go...

I would then try a booster behind the driver's seat. I say the driver's side because the middle seatbelt buckles towards the passenger side. What it means is that your oldest wouldn't accidentally unbuckle your middle child's Radian because he would only have access to one buckle -- his own.

Then a narrow infant seat... The Chicco KeyFit has a base that is straight rather than curved and wide. You could try it. The new infant seat by Cosco/Safety 1st (parent company Dorel) is supposed to be narrow. The BabyTrend FlexLoc is also narrow, but keep in mind the handle has to be rotated down on it so it takes up more front to back room.

By the way, I have verified none of this. I myself need to get thinking about a three-across in our Lancer but keep putting it off. :eek: I surmise that having a Radian in the middle will be my best bet for getting anything else along the sides, but I will say the Lancer seems to be itty bitty compared to other backseats I work in.

Your best bet is to go to a store that will let you try floor models in your vehicle. If you post where you are located we can probably help track down a store for you. I know Toys R Us doesn't stock the Radian so that's out...

A

Ashley

Thanks for helping me canadiangie. Im really relieved that someone else out there is going through the same issue with the same car. We can work this thing out together!! hehe. Me and my Husband are willing to get whatever seats we need to make this work. im just worried that since im not due until Late Jan early Feb (still havent had my ultrasound) that the seats I will need at that time may end up being different (kids height, weight, etc). Maybe I should wait and see what you come up with for your Lancer and take it from there?

Thanks again

Ashley

A

Ashley

I also noticed with some searching that CSP 'amyd' is located in the same city as me! Hopefully we can meetup in the future and get this sorted out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC