Who Flagged the 'invisible' 5pt harness..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MySillyKids

I made a thread about the invisible 5pt harness, and the lady is attacking me:
I hope you are proud of yourselves!

I am a working mom just trying to make some extra cash to help pay for the mortgage, since my husband lost his job.

You remind me of the movie "Mean Girls".

I think you should find something better to do with your time than to make fun of and harass people.

What kind of role model are you being to your children.

I'll make sure to explain people like you to my son this weekend when I am taking quality time away from him so I can re-thread the straps (since I was nice enough to wash the cover), take pictures of the car seat with the straps showing, download them, and re-post the ad on Craigslist.

Why would I lie about what type of harness it has, wouldn't the person find out as soon as they came to look at the car seat in person?

I was informed by a good citizen about the forum you had started on me. I was appalled by the comments you posted about me and other people! I thought I would remind you of some of your quotes.

I know!!! She's going to go through all the trouble to get the DOM to us - b/c we're still playing it off like we're actually interested in her seat....and then we're not going to get it!

Now i just wait for the Date on the seat! LOL.

She's going to think we are Crazy! LOL.

and she STILL doesnt get the seat sold LMAO. Whoops.

Lady selling the seat:
Shame on you!

Shawna

Who flagged it? i didnt. CRAZY WOMEN! Sheesh. The italics is what *I* said about it.

ADS

TheRealMacGyver

Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the rock to me!:D

Just kidding if you read this lady, I hope you get a good price for your seat.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok I find it very funny that somebody sent her to this website to read what was said about the carseat. Hehe...that is pretty funny stumbling across some website where people are talking about you and what you are selling. I would be shocked if that happened to me. :eek:
But seriously how long does it take to take a picture and repost an item?? Seriously you aren't taking *that* much time away from your family...maybe what 3 minutes?!?

MySillyKids

It should of been done in the FIRST place. There were some 'worse' (funny to me and everyone else) things said that could of been taken offence. Eh, whatever. She sent that email out to many, my FRIEND IRL got the same one, LMAO!!

southpawboston

well here's the opinion i've given before regarding craigslist ads in general:

i'd also like to request that people don't automatically flag a post just because the seat may be expired and/or defective. it's really more fair to the craigslist poster to send a polite email explaining the danger in using an expired/defective carseat, and request that the poster retract the ad. then give a day or two to see that the poster did good and removed it, and if not, THEN flag it. by flagging it without first educating the poster and giving her or him the chance to retract the listing, they are not getting the message, and will likely just try to sell the carseat another way.

i would feel bad if someone here flagged it. that is truly taking vigilante justice without knowing all the facts, and doesn't portray this group well. it was pretty clearly determined in that thread that the straps were most likely just tucked under the cover. sure, she can relist it, but she has been caused an unjustified inconvenience. and shame on anyone for flagging without even a written explanation to the original poster (if that's what has happened here). it does no good in the end to flag without explanation.

MySillyKids

I doubt anyone HERE flagged it, i mean we were having an ongoing thread about it. and she Obviously read that.

Eeh. We were just trying to keep her seat safe, with the potential buyer.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I flag lots of seats, but I didn't flag that one.

Seems to me that she would have had to thread the harness correctly anyway.

Can you imagine if she didn't and someone who didn't know how to came and bought the seat, and threaded them wrong? What a huge liabilty.

MySillyKids

I flag lots of seats, but I didn't flag that one.

Seems to me that she would have had to thread the harness correctly anyway.

Can you imagine if she didn't and someone who didn't know how to came and bought the seat, and threaded them wrong? What a huge liabilty.

exactly. We we were NOT doing anything wrong, so this forum should NOT be to blamed for it. (i never thought it was). I was just SHOCKED when i got that email for trying to 'help'.

Eeh. Each to their own.

TheRealMacGyver

All right, I'm having some difficulty understanding some of this. How did she email some of you? Was it through this site or ? Also, I went to freecycle to check out what it was and I may be wrong, but it seems like you have to sign up in a local group. Not so sure about this flagging stuff, but it would seem that you could only flag if you are a member and you are in the same group. What am I missing here? (I know-newbee right)

Loves2sing

Hopefully this lady will read some of the other threads in here, and realize that we are all caring people who just want to make sure kids are in the safest seats possible. If it had been me, I would have been embarassed, but realize where I had had gone wrong with my post. I hope that if the seat is good and safe, that she will get a decent price.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
All right, I'm having some difficulty understanding some of this. How did she email some of you? Was it through this site or ? Also, I went to freecycle to check out what it was and I may be wrong, but it seems like you have to sign up in a local group. Not so sure about this flagging stuff, but it would seem that you could only flag if you are a member and you are in the same group. What am I missing here? (I know-newbee right)

It was a infant seat listed on Craigslist. In the picture there were no straps but we guessed that it was a 5pt with upfront adjuster based on the seat cover and that the straps were just under the cover. Here is where it was discussed.

JaRylan

I thought this was interesting:

* If you flagged by mistake - don't worry, it takes more than one flag to affect a posting.

* Over 15% of all craigslist postings are removed through community flagging.

* 98-99% of postings removed are in violation of the craigslist terms of use.

On behalf of your fellow craigslist users, thanks for taking the time to flag!

Momto1bigkiddo

CL ads get flagged all of the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

I had a simple ad on there asking for a dollhouse and that got flagged. I thought maybe it was because I asked for a 'non-girly' wooden dollhouse for my 2 1/2 year old son. Maybe someone wanted to stop me from buying a dollhouse for a boy, that's all I could think of. :rolleyes: Totally off topic, well not totally I suppose.

MySillyKids

CL ads get flagged all of the time, sometimes for no reason at all.

I had a simple ad on there asking for a dollhouse and that got flagged. I thought maybe it was because I asked for a 'non-girly' wooden dollhouse for my 2 1/2 year old son. Maybe someone wanted to stop me from buying a dollhouse for a boy, that's all I could think of. :rolleyes: Totally off topic, well not totally I suppose.

I just have to laugh. We were at kmart last weekend, and my 3 year old wanted a doll house. We were totally going to get it for him, until he saw a Disney's CARS pillow. HaHa.

broken4u05

HAHA someone must not think a boy should have a doll house. Jack has a doll that he loves. We do not care if dolls are for girls it teaches him to be nice

mommy2jana

I didn't flag it either....but she sent me that same email. :confused:

I didn't flag it because she said that the straps were with it and I even told her she did a good job about NOT washing the straps.

I hope since she obviously came here and read that thread, that maybe she can see we are genuinely concerned with the safety of not only our own children, but all children.

The straps should have been rethread in the FIRST place, before she ever posted it to begin with. And it does not take that much time to rethread them, take a pic and upload it.

MySillyKids

I didn't flag it either....but she sent me that same email. :confused:

I didn't flag it because she said that the straps were with it and I even told her she did a good job about NOT washing the straps.

I hope since she obviously came here and read that thread, that maybe she can see we are genuinely concerned with the safety of not only our own children, but all children.

The straps should have been rethread in the FIRST place, before she ever posted it to begin with. And it does not take that much time to rethread them, take a pic and upload it.

Oh of course it does, she said that she would talk to her son about why she needs to do it. LMAO. I agree it would of been done in the FIRST place, and there would of NEVER been an issue. I just have to say, what goes around comes around. (not meant to anyone on here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC