BV70 vs Trufit *pic OVERLOAD*

njkj

I was asked in my other thread to compare the TF to the BV70. So while DD was sleeping ds and I played car-seat.

First here they are installed next to each other

DSC00826.jpg

DD in each of them (after she woke up ;) ) She fits MUCH MUCH better in the BV. In the TF I was always adjusting her to keep the harness on her shoulders. They are slightly above b/c when on the lowest setting it was even harder to keep them on.

DSC00855.jpg
DSC00854.jpg

Here are the shell heights. I did the BV with just the shell and then the head rest too. Ya know just in case it is relevant someday :rolleyes:

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00850.jpg
DSC00851.jpg

Harness heights.

e0e78c01.jpg
DSC00852.jpg

You can see that the BV slot in the cover is about 1/2 and inch BELOW the actual slot.

DSC00829.jpg

RF room.

I moved both seat into the exact same position for these pics.

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00844.jpg
DSC00843.jpg

Front pass knee room ( TF then BV ) with seats adjusted for each seat.
DSC00845.jpg
DSC00846.jpg

continued next post...

ADS

njkj

and lastly DS's RF room in each seat. DISCLAMER: DS is 5, 44 inches and 44lbs with a 16 inch torso he is to HEAVY to ride RF in EITHER seat. Also to tall for the BV I also made sure he was sitting properly for each pic.

DSC00839.jpg
DSC00824.jpg

Any questions or picture request?

I will get a full on pic of Ds tomorrow. I got one of the BV but not th TF. I just have to figure out what to bribe him with so he will coperate again LOL.

I forgot 2...

DS's growing room.

DSC00822.jpg
DSC00831.jpg

Athena

This is great! So it looks like (by height, if he weighed less) your DS still has a little room in the TF, whereas he has probably recently outgrown the BLVD? Am I seeing that correctly?

Maedze

This is great! So it looks like (by height, if he weighed less) your DS still has a little room in the TF, whereas he has probably recently outgrown the BLVD? Am I seeing that correctly?

That looks like...outgrown about 18 months ago, not 'recently'.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
That looks like...outgrown about 18 months ago, not 'recently'.

I would agree on the outgrown 18 months ago if the pp meant rfing, but agree on outgrown recently (I'd even say he is dead even and could ride in it in a pinch) if the pp meant ffing.

njkj

I was looking back at DS's growth pattern and last August he was 38lbs and 40 inches. so I would say that MY KID would have probably made it to somewhere between 3.5 and 4 years RF in the BV70. Which I would have been perfectly happy with.

I totally :love: this seat. I would also :love: to have something that could RF to the max BUT for our car that is not an option. So for us and our situation this seat is absolutely perfect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC