Posted for Guest: Special Needs Inquiry

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Another followup, thank you all again!

Hi,
The responses have been great so far. Thank you. I have found some I like but not sure what will work yet.
The Roosevelt has been my favorite so far. It only gives him about 2 more inches in the waist to grow though. It has nice head support too. He is asleep very quickly in the van. www.eztether.com The take a discount directly from them. A good one. I will check my insurance for help to. Velcro head cap.
Spirit Adjustable Positioning System #2400 Is larger and has extention for seat depth too. Up to 130 pounds and 66 inch tall! No velcro head cap. info@columbiamedical.com
Special Tomato This one is just odd. You have to watch a video of how to put the straps on yourself, assembly very required! It looks like it might work for him but I don't want the headach of assembly. It's also pricey. 800-499-0285
Carrie Seat Basic small adult or youth Cheaper but doesn't seem to be as funtional. It was on adaptivemall.com
I'm still looking and contacting the insurance tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Pat

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
The Special Tomato is not a complicated seat.

It does have adjustable seat pan, head rest, and torso support. These help 'custom' fit the seat to the individual AND allow for growth. The assembly is simply attaching the three pieces to the shell using the already applied velcro and routing the harness (which we do for many seats when adjusting harness height or washing seat covers).

Special needs seats are primarily intended for children with physical disabilities, who need extra support in order to maintain a seated position.

I believe only the Columbia has a buckle guard for escape artists: http://www.adaptivemall.com/buckleguard1.html

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC