would you...

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Would you buy $50 Regent off CL just to play with? I have no useful need for it, other than for demos, but I've always wanted one. It has an onyx cover so I doubt I would b able to sell it trade to recoup any of the $50.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
well.no..but then again..I loathe the regent. I also don't feel is has much use as a demo seat anymore, since it is discontinued, so it's not like you can recommend it to parents, and there are so many VERY much easier to use/install and more economical options like the maestro or nauti that I would prefer to have on hand as a demo EH seat for the general public. However, if you have the money to spend and want one, sure why not? It's your money, you've earned the right to dowith it as you please.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No, I wouldn't. It is discontinued. Now the Roosevelt, maybe, um, yeah, I probably would.

Maedze

No. What's the point of a discontinued demo-seat? There aren't even any 'similar' seats on the market anymore.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Well darn! lol I didnt want to be talked out of it!:p

I usually only use demo seats when I'm giving some sort of presentation at DD's daycare or a similar situation. So I do like the idea of having a HWH seat to show, and the cheapest alternative I have is the Maestro, which is :eek: $120 at our Target..crazy. I know I could order online but since I have no real USE for it and dont plan on using a FF seat for so long anyway....The current seats I use for demo's are a SS1, Scenera(35), occasionally the MA or RN.

We do have a town(fire dept) about 10 minutes over that takes seats to destroy. I wonder if they'd be willing to give me any higher weight seats to use for demos, since I'm a tech, most of those guys were in the same class with me. I doubt the could, for liability reasons though.

Maedze

Eh, since there are no more dedicated HWH FF seats being produced, I don't think you'd be doing anyone a favor by 'demonstrating' it, kwim?

You're better off getting a cheap combination like the Chase and just explaining that some cap out at 40 for the harness, but many go above, to 50, 65, 85, and 90.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC