Frontier

tl01

I think I posted about this before but didn't get any answers. Were there any changes btwn the original and new frontier that would make it sit differently in the seat. I feel as though my new one does not fit the shape of my vehicle seat as well as the old one.

ADS

tl01

If you play with one, can you also see how the cover stays on the seatbar the seat bight. My cover is becoming a nightmare. There seems to be nothing that keeps it in place where DS's bottom goes and the front tabs keep coming undone. I have to fix it each time we use the seat.

essnce629

Were there any changes btwn the original and new frontier that would make it sit differently in the seat. I feel as though my new one does not fit the shape of my vehicle seat as well as the old one.

Yes, there must have been. I had an original FR and it fit great and installed SUPER easily with the short-belt path in our Mazda 5. I now have the FR85 and it's been in DH's car since we got it. I just switched our car's seats and put the FR85 in the Mazda 5 for the first time. It wouldn't sit flush against the seat back at all and had a big gap between the it and the car's seat when I tried installing it with the short-belt path like before. I also couldn't get it in tight and had a bunch of movement. I ended up having to recline the captain's chair a few clicks and using the long-belt path while really pushing the FR85 hard into the seat's back. That did the trick and I ended up with a solid install and no more gap between the FR85 and the seat. I tried installing it in the 3rd row and had the same problem.

tl01

Yes, there must have been. I had an original FR and it fit great and installed SUPER easily with the short-belt path in our Mazda 5. I now have the FR85 and it's been in DH's car since we got it. I just switched our car's seats and put the FR85 in the Mazda 5 for the first time. It wouldn't sit flush against the seat back at all and had a big gap between the it and the car's seat when I tried installing it with the short-belt path like before. I also couldn't get it in tight and had a bunch of movement. I ended up having to recline the captain's chair a few clicks and using the long-belt path while really pushing the FR85 hard into the seat's back. That did the trick and I ended up with a solid install and no more gap between the FR85 and the seat. I tried installing it in the 3rd row and had the same problem.

You have described my issue perfectly! The car the 85 is in doesn't have reclinjng seats. If I work ridiculously hard at it I can get it installed. It starts out with a huge gap just like you said. I think I'll switch the seat with my other frontier in the other car.

tl01

Judi, here are the pics of my cover issue.
Foam under cover that isn't attached to anything.
c79d5cb1.jpg

Pic of the straps that hold cover at the front.
9bd9a7d8.jpg

Pic of how the seat cover is unattached at the seat bight. I asked britax about this and the rep said the harness should hold it in place. But it still moves bc the harness is loose when DS gets out which allows the cover to scoot forward and the the loops come undone.
612dedf1.jpg

Also, here is a pic of the gap btwn the car and the seat.
03fa4f77.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC