Tacoma, WA Carseat Peoples... Radian ?s...

Chely7425

Are there any stores around here that carry Radians? Or do any techs in the area have 2 that they would bring to meet me to let me play with? I think it might be the solution to my carseat issue but I can not order 2 super spendy car seats without trying them out first...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I hope there's something closer to you, but Cribs N Kids in Tukwila has the entire Sunshine Kids line (all three Radians and the Monterey). I don't know if they'll let you take it out to your car to try, but you can offer to leave a credit card with them as collateral, or your license or something. I'd call them and ask before you drive up, though.

Wendy

Chely7425

Tukwila wouldn't be THAT bad... if I have to I will drive up there! I need a better way to fit 3 across my 2010 Liberty and I am running out of options...

a_js

I'm a lot farther than Tukwila, but if you ever come way up north I-5, you can try mine out :)

You might also consider ordering from somewhere with free return shipping..

Chely7425

And I thought about ordering from diapers.com since they have free shipping but the problem is I really don't have the money for new seats so I want to be sure this will work before I put them on a credit card ya know? I need to go to bru sometime this week too and see how another ca does back there... Though I really just don't like that seat!! I'm also wondering if a mr might puzzle since it's higher but again that seat isn't ideal for my kids...

Chely7425

You have a mr and a ca? Do you happen to have a sr35 or similar too and a liberty sized backseat to play with :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have a SS1, which is the same as the SR35, but no Liberty. And yes, I have a MR and a CA. I have a list of all seats I have, as of last week in my profile.

Qarin

Kids & Cribs offered to let me try seats out in my van when we stopped by there in February (to see if DD1 might yet fit in the Monterey and if she'd prefer it). I didn't actually do it, but it didn't seem like a special offer. The parking is right outside their door, with lots of windows, I don't imagine they get a lot of people taking off with their display car seats.

Do NOT take your 5 and 8 year olds with you, though, because they WILL decide that the only bed worth having is one of their fancy bunks. This does not appear to be a problem you will have yet, though.

Chely7425

Thanks Judi! Do you think the radians would work rf on either side of an sr35? Or possible a ca rf on each side of the sr35? If I could find a combo that only involved 1 new seat that would be spiffy... Or if I could just get a good install with the stupid scenera... But that's beside the point :)

DahliaRW

It's further away, but Merry Go Round in Bellevue had radians last time I was there. But I would call first.

I didn't know there was a store in Tukwilla with the SKJP line. Good to know. I think a monterrey may be the perfect booster for ds2 in a couple of years...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Merry Go Round has the XTSL and the Monterey. Cribs N Kids is closer to her, and has the entire line. Not that it matters, since all Radians are the same size, but it's closer to her.

Wendy

Chely7425

I called the store in Tukwila and they said they have all 3 versions (65, 80 and XT) and that I was welcome to take their display models out to my car to try them out :D I am going to try and get up there this week to play with them... still not sure I am the biggest fan of the seat but if it works then that is what we will have to do.

DahliaRW

Merry Go Round has the XTSL and the Monterey. Cribs N Kids is closer to her, and has the entire line. Not that it matters, since all Radians are the same size, but it's closer to her.

Wendy

Yeah, totally. Just pointing out MGR in case the other place wouldn't let her take them to her car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC