Talk to me about GN

pj2rc

So DD1 has Maestro's which I am happy with. But GN is on sale at Target, and for the price +avail discounts, I would consider it because I think she would like the color, then keep 1 Maestro for a back-up. However, I hear a lot about head slump problems. It would be in my Sienna which is the vehicle she would travel in. If it can't be her primary seat, there is no point. TIA

ADS

jujumum

We love our GN - the fit, ease of use, long lifespan, cupholders, steel frame, etc. Our dd loves it, too. We do have bad headslump, but only when she's sleeping in it, which for us is rare. I've heard that reclining the vehicle seat a few clicks and putting the GN in recline mode can help. The target sale is great, and the daisy pattern is at walmart for just a few bucks more.

Raegansmom4

When my dd's GN was in our Taurus, she had zero headslump, but now that she wanted it in our van (04 Chevy Venture), we had our first instances of major headslump. I just reclined the seat one click and put the GN in recline mode, and it is so much better. In fact, dd wanted the GN over the Regent when we went on vacation, and it's been in the van ever since.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper's head has slumped exactly one time, and it didn't bother her in the least. She's used it harnessed and boostered and it works well for her either way. She loves the cupholder and cubbies.

Wendy

mydogteaser

The GN is hands down my second favorite seat ever. My kids each have one and ds's is his main seat. They both do get head slump, but they honestly don't care. Neither has ever complained about it. The only cons to the seat, IMO, are that it's heavy and the cover is a PITA to take off and put back on. Neither would make me not recommend the seat.

glockchick

I tried my dd in the Target one and she much prefers the WalMart one. She says the Target one is scratchy. She's picky, but I thought I'd warn you in case you can't let her try it before you buy it and she's the same way.

It's a waffle material. I don't think it's scratchy but Princesses have different standards. ;)

amy&girls

We LOVE ours! Its the primary seat for my 3yr old. She has only had the head slump once, and that was just recently on the way home from vacation (about a 5hour drive, so she fell asleep) It didn't bother her in the least, she just slept right through it, though I thought it looked very uncomfortable. I think my favorite part about the seat is how easy it is to install (though I might just be used to flopping it from seat to seat in my van) and it IS heavy, but I can understand why! And I second the cover being a PITA to get on/off for washing purposes. I've only done it once since we got the seat in March and I'm avoiding doing it again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC