Which True fit should I get?? (& cover color advice plz) would love to see your TF pics!!

ADS

aeormsby

Since you will be using the seat FF I would probably skip the premier version, that's the one with the anit-rebound bar which is only in use when RF. The Recline version is the same as the Premier but without the anti-rebound bar, I think it has a few added things above the original Truefit (like the bubble recline indicator, also only useful when RF). I'm not sure if there are any other notable differences between the 'original' Truefit and the Truefit Recline.

I'm not too familiar with the covers. I know that the City Chic is a smooth, non-fuzzy fabric and the Misty Morning is the fuzzier fabric. My only experience with the Truefit is helping my sister install hers RF for a newborn.

New grandma

The premier is really not necessary if you are not using it rear-facing (unless you would pass it down to a younger sibling?)

The regular and recline are really only different if you are rear-facing also. The recline has a built in recline angle indicator and that makes the adjuster strap easier to access, but if you are only using it for forward facing, it won't matter.

If you will not be passing it down to be used rear-facing, I would just buy whatever is most affordable or the cover you like best.

ilo

Why are you choosing the True Fit?

I'm also wondering this. I'm moving to Europe soon and it would not be the seat I would bring. It is nice but you could not RF in it so why the convertible? I have heard it is very wide so it might to fit with your two boys. If I would bring FF harnessed seat to Europe with us I would bring either Graco Nautilus, Britax Frontier or the Recaro seat. If I would bring convertible for 37lbs kid it would have to be Radian as it is the only one going to 40lbs. And I am actually bringing the Radian with me as well as buying two Swedish seats to RF my 3 year old. I would be worried using HWH US seat in Europe as you probably can not tether those and they were designed to be tethered.

Mommy2Marcus

I agree with the others, there are much longer lasting seats you could choose for your DD if she is going to stay FF. One would be the Graco Nautilus Elite. It is a really great seat that has 18.5 inch top harness slots & it has built in lock offs. It is a little more than the True Fit, but would last longer. Here is a link to it:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3749235&CAWELAID=462622460

I have been extremely happy with mine. We have been using it for about 6 months now. It fits my son really well, installs easily in every car I have put it in & will be the last seat he will need.

Also, even if the seat does not have one built in you can use a locking clip to install it. A locking clip is a little metal H clip that keeps the seat belt locked if it does not lock on it's own. It can be a little tricky to learn to use, but once you have done it a couple of times it becomes really easy to do.

However in your case, I would purchase the 2 Way Elite & turn her back RF. She looks so little in your pictures to be FF. Also with the lack of top tethers I would deffinatly go back to RF. I turned my son back RF when he was 2 1/2 because I lacked top tethers in my car. He rode RF again untill he was 3 1/2 & I had top tethers. My personal age of comfort for FF is 3- 3 1/2.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I agree, I'd buy a Two Way Elite and rear face her, or if she'll stay forward facing and lock offs are a must for you, import a Nautilus Elite.

Make sure an ebay seller is trustworthy, though, and they have a return policy.

No, you can't just use anything you find in your boot for a tether point (not a teather point, it's spelled tether). If you don't have one, and I doubt you can get it retrofitted, just leave the seat untethered.

Wendy

autumnlily

Another vote - in your situation - import a Nautilus Elite. I'm not positive you could get a True Fit in your current seating position (per your picture).

ilo

Thankyou all for taking the time to reply to me!!

I chose the true fit because:

1. TF has seat belt locking clips - uk cars don't generally have locking seat belts. Recaro Pro sport and Frontier don't have locking clips on them) not sure about the Graco - over here they are the "cheepo" nasty seats iukwim! they must be much better in the US!!!!!

I'm planning to use locking clip with my new Radian, once we are in Europe. I loved the locking clips in DD's Britax but as Rf is much safer I would not do the decision based on them.

My European friend also did not like Nautilus for her son for the same reason than you. She just did not like Graco products. I don't think First years is any "fancier" company than Graco. I'm not sure why European's don't like Graco, Graco duologic is one of the nicest seats I know, too bad it only goes to 18kg, if not I think we would get one.[/QUOTE]

5. TF is 5 point harnessed untill 65lb - UK seats only 5 point harness to 18kg (just under 40lb)
DD is 37lb already and on the top slots of her M/C Tobi seat.

I feel your pain. It is ridicules that there is no other than TwoWay Elite FF harness and over 40lbs kid. I was worried too what we will do with DD's carseats as I do not want to booster her at 3.5 when we will move to Europe. I think the best decision for us is to get a two-Way Elite or Multitech and RF her until she is 5 when we will start to booster train her. I understand you don't like Two-way Elite, I don't like the lag of SIP either. Have you looked at Multitech? I seriously doubt they can be much wider than a True Fit.

If you decide to RF her you can tell her that you got her a fancy new "big girl" seat which will be so much fun as she gets to look at her brothers when you drive. Ask the boys to act jealous, complain that they want a seat like that too and then you can loudly tell them that it is their sisters new nice seat and only her is allowed to use it. Maybe repeat few more times how nice it is and as she is such a big girl now she can have it and the boys can not. (At least this act would work for my DD :) )

You should be able to order Multitech from Sweden. And don't mind you friends and neighbors. Would you not use carseats and seatbelts in countries where other don't use them? Of course not as you know they are needed, I fell this is the same thing. If ppl have never heard rearfacing they have not properly researched the subject.

You seem to really care and want to make sure your kids are as safe as possible.

Emi

I am so very sorry for my spelling mistake Wendy! - AS I pointed out earlier the Tether point I was intending to use is one of the hooks directly behind my DD seat in the car chasis which the 3rd row seats hook into to keep them in - so they are made and tested to hold the weight of a huge vehicle car seat and potentially an adult passenger so not sure what the problem with using such a strong fixing point is? so not just any old point like a luggage tether!

Thanks ilo - Good luck with your seat choices over here in Europe!

I give up.....................................

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC