What info to include for a new mom?

leighi123

My cousin and his wife are having their first baby!

They dont live nearby, so I am mailing them a baby gift I made and am going to include a 'coupon' for me to make them a fleece carseat-safe poncho.

Looking at their baby registry, they ordered a snugride 35, EFTA, and a winder bundle me, big poofy long looking strap covers, and one of those headrest things that goes all the way under the baby (the ones that are obviously not safe!)

I want to include some basic info (how to check if the seat is installed right, how to adjust the straps/chestclip correctly, NO aftermarket products, no poofy winter clothes and how to contact a tech for a seat check and something on ERF)

Is there something with all that info I can print out and send? or what should I type up to include? I dont want it to be TOO much info that they wont bother to read it, but I want to make sure their baby is safe b/c I probably wont get to meet her for a long time!

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

Are any of the techs from here nearby? Perhaps talk to the tech, and create a coupon for a free carseat check ;)

leighi123

Thats a good idea!

Is anyone a tech in Toledo, Ohio area that is willing to help?

I wish I could go check myself! I think they are pretty clueless...

My dad's cousin had a baby who I didnt meet until a week before her 1st bday, she was in an outgrown bucket seat, everything loose and a giant poofy coat. I made her a carseat poncho, fixed her straps and gave them info on installing their seat and told them about ERF. They bought a britax instead of the GN they were planning on so I hope she is safe -er now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC