Another craigslist EEK

ADS

canadianmom2three

"enhanced with more comfortability" sounds like kind of a scary phrase - does that mean they just inserted a big fluffy cuddler, or that they removed chest clip because it bothered the baby...or maybe took out the straps out altogether - baby would definately ride with 'enhanced comfirtability' if there were no straps:rolleyes: Too bad there are no pics:p

canadianmom2three

What I want to know is who BUYS seats like that - I emailed a seller on our local list who had offered up an ancient FP T-sheild seat that was FILTHY and very obviously extremely old. Seller did not give a DOM or expiry, so to be tactfull I thought I would drop an email and ask for those before my lecture on selling expired seats. She emailed back to let me know she was sorry, but the seat had already sold - her asking price was $25:eek: I can understand being on a budget, and wanting to save money, but really who in their right mind would pay $25 for a filthy, very old and very used t-sheild, when they could spend $15 more and have a brand new scenera?

Simplysomething

People who don't know that used carseats can be deadly. Or people who are so hung up on getting a deal they are blinded by the facts.

But most likely it was someone who didn't realize that it could possibly be dangerous.

From the local one : http://norfolk.craigslist.org/bab/274270931.html
Okay, so I'm wondering if her daughter meets them as in--is mature..big enough etc. or just 3 years and 30lbs.
Also, the it doesn't fit because she has an SUV?

Last edited:

Loves2sing

I just wish you could find the people who buy the seats so that you can warn them about it! You should have seen the crap my Mom bought used for my older neices. I told her every time I saw those thing that they would likely kill Katy and Brooke in an accident, but she wouldn't listen. ARGG!!:mad: Until I got pregnant, that's when I told her that my child would NEVER ride in those seats and NEVER ride with her unless she got her act together. Now that she has my nephew, who is 3 weeks older than my DD living with her, she HAS got her act together, has brand new seats, and is always checking to make sure my sister has her DS strapped in right. I still haven't sent my DD alone with her yet though. Katy and Brooke's seats are just too fresh in my memory. The only times my DD has gone in car without my DH, or myself, has been with my best friend, who is also a regular on this site, and is about to get her carseat tech licence.

Loves2sing

From the local one : http://norfolk.craigslist.org/bab/274270931.html
Okay, so I'm wondering if her daughter meets them as in--is mature..big enough etc. or just 3 years and 30lbs.
Also, the it doesn't fit because she has an SUV?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. :confused: She almost sounds like she knows what she is talking about. But you never can tell with out actually talking to her in a little more detail. But telling someone you are selling the seat because you didn't like it? Now that's a good sales trick!:rolleyes: Ps. This seat sucks, and I'll let you have the privledge of owning it after I have torn up all the padding! It's only $40!! I don't get the whole "doesn't fit in an SUV." It's forward facing. What's the problem? And that is yet another great selling feature! This seat is too big for some of the biggest vehicles on the market! lol! Actually, I take it back, maybe she doesn't know what she is talking about, she thinks that she does!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC