Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!


 

Sponsored Ads

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38

    Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Correct me if I am wrong. Looking at them online I feel 70 CS covers are more soft. And cowmooflage in all types of seats appears soft to touch.

    Will onyx on BLVD 70 feel as good as silver birch in BLVd 70 CS?

  2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads
    Join Date
    April, 2001
    Location
    Car-Seat.Org
    Posts
    Many
     
     

  3. #2
    Moderator MomToEliEm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,617

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I haven't felt any of the new britax fabrics yet, but here is a post discussing some of the Boulevard 70 fabrics.
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=138363
    Katy

  4. Thank You from:


  5. #3
    CPS Technician msg221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Laveen, AZ
    Posts
    2,265

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Cowmooflage is definitely soft. It's the only pattern I like out of all the choices for the non CS BLVD.

    My stepdaughter has an Advocate with the Onyx fabric and it's a kind of slick fabric. I am not sure how breathable it is. I will have to ask her.

    I like the Wavelry pattern and the Silver Birch looks very similar to the pattern on my vehicle's seats! I just wouldn't want to spend the extra for the CS feature because I already know it isn't worth it since I had the old BLVD and an Advocate with that.

    Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

  6. Thank You from:


  7. #4
    CPS Technician Chila88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    528

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I'm also trying to pick a BV cover, however I'm in Canada, so my choices are even more limited! We aren't getting any fabric choices that are all plush (ie cowmoo) To me (and only from pics) blueprint looks like the same plastic-y stuff that onyx is, and Riveria and Silver Birch are upholstery (those are all the choices I have!).

    Does anyone know, based on past experience from other Britax new releases, how long it will be before replacement covers are available either directly from Britax, or floating around on swap? I desperately want something girly or fun!!!!

  8. Thank You from:


  9. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Thank you all for replying.

    Katy thanks for the link.

    I was spending time all weekend zooming images to get the fabric feel on BLVD 70's and BLVD 70 CS's.

    msg221 - I agree with you in CS feature not being worth the extra bucks. That was the reason I decided on BLVD 70 and ordered ONYX pattern from BRU. But after all the weekend zooming work I canceled that order and went with Silver birch in 70 CS at Amazon. Not for the CS, for the fabric

    I personally don't like the cowmoo pattern much (but love the way it feels).

    I guess this is another marketing tactic. As the price goes up the fabrics feel more and more good. We are compelled to pay the extra buck here. When spending $248 anyway...why not spend another $16 for babies comfort...

    Hmmm... Hope my DD feels good in Silver Birch.

  10. #6
    CPS Fanatic ZephyrBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    The Emily is heavenly soft. Really really really soft. And it doesn't have a long pill or fuzzy feel, either.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

  11. #7
    CPS Technician emtb79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    568

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    My mom is in love with this one. However I love the cowmoo.

    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4201527

    The cover is soft.
    Susan, Momma to my squishy and Daycare Provider,CPST
    M 12/06,J 3/05,K 6/08,A 7/11,B 9/05


  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I loved Emily too It is soo cute. But DH insisted on a neutral color

  13. #9
    Senior Community Member njkj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa <3
    Posts
    647

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    CowMoo is super soft and cuddly. I want to climb in it myself LOL!
    Nikki, Navy wife to Kevin and Mom to Jacob 6/05, 57in, and 62lbs riding in a harmony youth and other variuos backless boosters and Grace 11/09, 41in, and 40lbs riding in a Nauti (rear faced for 2y and 10 1/2 months)
    Baby Emily 7/12 , riding in a BV70

  14. #10
    CPS Technician msg221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Laveen, AZ
    Posts
    2,265

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    Thank you all for replying.

    Katy thanks for the link.

    I was spending time all weekend zooming images to get the fabric feel on BLVD 70's and BLVD 70 CS's.

    msg221 - I agree with you in CS feature not being worth the extra bucks. That was the reason I decided on BLVD 70 and ordered ONYX pattern from BRU. But after all the weekend zooming work I canceled that order and went with Silver birch in 70 CS at Amazon. Not for the CS, for the fabric

    I personally don't like the cowmoo pattern much (but love the way it feels).

    I guess this is another marketing tactic. As the price goes up the fabrics feel more and more good. We are compelled to pay the extra buck here. When spending $248 anyway...why not spend another $16 for babies comfort...

    Hmmm... Hope my DD feels good in Silver Birch.
    Please let me know how you like the Silver Birch. It's so hard to figure out what these fabrics are going to look like when you can only see them by zooming in, like you said! I was doing the same thing!

    Emily does look very soft, but it's almost too girly for me! I'm still on the fence about even buying the BLVD. I want to try it out in my car and see how my goddaughter fits in it, so I might just order one and try it out.

    I'm like you though, I might wind up with a CS only because I like the covers better! I did notice that BRU has different covers, maybe ones that will just be exclusive to them, but I don't want to buy it there and have to pay sales tax!

    Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

  15. #11
    CPS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,573

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrBlue View Post
    The Emily is heavenly soft. Really really really soft. And it doesn't have a long pill or fuzzy feel, either.
    Is the Emily pattern too over the top in person? Although considering the others I have, maybe I like them over the top. I probably cannot get one anyway because I think the shell might be too short for my tall DD and it is a lot of money for us right now, but I can dream.


    Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    Please let me know how you like the Silver Birch. It's so hard to figure out what these fabrics are going to look like when you can only see them by zooming in, like you said! I was doing the same thing!

    Emily does look very soft, but it's almost too girly for me! I'm still on the fence about even buying the BLVD. I want to try it out in my car and see how my goddaughter fits in it, so I might just order one and try it out.

    I'm like you though, I might wind up with a CS only because I like the covers better! I did notice that BRU has different covers, maybe ones that will just be exclusive to them, but I don't want to buy it there and have to pay sales tax!
    I'm hoping for a thread with real life pics of the covers because I find it can be easier to tell what they really look like in real pics instead of their marketing pics. But I don't think enough people have them now for this yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I just wouldn't want to spend the extra for the CS feature because I already know it isn't worth it since I had the old BLVD and an Advocate with that.
    Ditto. But I do understand spending a little more for a better fabric.

  16. #12
    CPS Fanatic ZephyrBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I don't think the Emily is over the top. The pink is really pink, though. The floral pattern is so gorgeous IRL- the pic does it no justice. The background is pale green and the flowers are really pretty.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

  17. Thank You from:


  18. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Choosing a fabric took as much time as choosing a car seat. Silver Birch is not an ideal choice but met my personal criteria.

    I felt fabrics other than emily and cowmooflage don't feel as soft and thought it is better to have a seat which has combination fabrics like silver birch, cavalier and riviera. I thought after removing the infant insert, the seat will have soft feel to most of it if not all of it. The soft part could help in reducing the heat in summer (I don't know how correct I am here) and also make baby feel better.

    Silver birch matches my taste. And i could get a better look of it in the video than I could of others by zooming in :-)

    Onyx and blue print seemed plasticky, paisley was not my kind.

    Like Athena said, real life pics and comments from their owners will be of great help.
    Last edited by ally; 08-23-2010 at 06:12 PM.

  19. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I just received my BLVD70 CS in Silver Birch. It looks as cute as in the pictures and Britax video. I am glad I went with this fabric. It feels very very soft. The design part is definitely not as soft as the gray area but is not very rough and does not feel uncomfortable. I am yet to install and put my DD in it. I will start a new thread with close up snaps of the fabric, to help people get a better look.

    Thanks everyone

  20. #15
    CPS Technician msg221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Laveen, AZ
    Posts
    2,265

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    I just received my BLVD70 CS in Silver Birch. It looks as cute as in the pictures and Britax video. I am glad I went with this fabric. It feels very very soft. The design part is definitely not as soft as the gray area but is not very rough and does not feel uncomfortable. I am yet to install and put my DD in it. I will start a new thread with close up snaps of the fabric, to help people get a better look.

    Thanks everyone
    I'm looking forward to seeing your pics! Like I said, the pattern part looks like the pattern on my vehicle seats!

    Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

  21. #16
    CPS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    The Onyx fabric is boring, but it is GREAT. It cleans up perfectly (just brush crumbs out) and is soft for the kid. I don't think any of them are breathable as they are all synthetic and have layers of foam behind them, but my son and I have grown to LOVE the onyx for its ease of use and maintenance as well as feel.

  22. #17
    Carseat Crazy
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Van Island, BC, Canada
    Posts
    369

    Re: Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

    I haven't seen anyone's pics of the fabrics. Anyone have some to share? So, after receiving your seats...what do/don't you like about the fabrics??

Similar Threads

  1. frontier fabrics?
    By bethng in forum Carseat Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
  2. SK Radian Fabrics...
    By opheliajoy in forum Carseat Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
  3. Any soft fabrics for the regent?
    By labdogs42 in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
  4. Cooler fabrics?
    By i4get in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. anyone know if Regent will have new fabrics for 07?
    By lincolnparkafterdark in forum CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 06:54 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •