Are BLVD 70 CS fabrics more soft and breathable than BLVD 70 fabrics?

ally

Correct me if I am wrong. Looking at them online I feel 70 CS covers are more soft. And cowmooflage in all types of seats appears soft to touch.

Will onyx on BLVD 70 feel as good as silver birch in BLVd 70 CS?

ADS

msg221

Cowmooflage is definitely soft. It's the only pattern I like out of all the choices for the non CS BLVD.

My stepdaughter has an Advocate with the Onyx fabric and it's a kind of slick fabric. I am not sure how breathable it is. I will have to ask her.

I like the Wavelry pattern and the Silver Birch looks very similar to the pattern on my vehicle's seats! I just wouldn't want to spend the extra for the CS feature because I already know it isn't worth it since I had the old BLVD and an Advocate with that.

Chila88

I'm also trying to pick a BV cover, however I'm in Canada, so my choices are even more limited! We aren't getting any fabric choices that are all plush (ie cowmoo) :( To me (and only from pics) blueprint looks like the same plastic-y stuff that onyx is, and Riveria and Silver Birch are upholstery (those are all the choices I have!).

Does anyone know, based on past experience from other Britax new releases, how long it will be before replacement covers are available either directly from Britax, or floating around on swap? I desperately want something girly or fun!!!!

ally

Thank you all for replying.

Katy thanks for the link.

I was spending time all weekend zooming images to get the fabric feel on BLVD 70's and BLVD 70 CS's.

msg221 - I agree with you in CS feature not being worth the extra bucks. That was the reason I decided on BLVD 70 and ordered ONYX pattern from BRU. But after all the weekend zooming work I canceled that order and went with Silver birch in 70 CS at Amazon. Not for the CS, for the fabric :(

I personally don't like the cowmoo pattern much (but love the way it feels).

I guess this is another marketing tactic. As the price goes up the fabrics feel more and more good. We are compelled to pay the extra buck here. When spending $248 anyway...why not spend another $16 for babies comfort...

Hmmm... Hope my DD feels good in Silver Birch.

ZephyrBlue

The Emily is heavenly soft. Really really really soft. And it doesn't have a long pill or fuzzy feel, either.

msg221

Thank you all for replying.

Katy thanks for the link.

I was spending time all weekend zooming images to get the fabric feel on BLVD 70's and BLVD 70 CS's.

msg221 - I agree with you in CS feature not being worth the extra bucks. That was the reason I decided on BLVD 70 and ordered ONYX pattern from BRU. But after all the weekend zooming work I canceled that order and went with Silver birch in 70 CS at Amazon. Not for the CS, for the fabric :(

I personally don't like the cowmoo pattern much (but love the way it feels).

I guess this is another marketing tactic. As the price goes up the fabrics feel more and more good. We are compelled to pay the extra buck here. When spending $248 anyway...why not spend another $16 for babies comfort...

Hmmm... Hope my DD feels good in Silver Birch.

Please let me know how you like the Silver Birch. It's so hard to figure out what these fabrics are going to look like when you can only see them by zooming in, like you said! I was doing the same thing!

Emily does look very soft, but it's almost too girly for me! I'm still on the fence about even buying the BLVD. I want to try it out in my car and see how my goddaughter fits in it, so I might just order one and try it out.

I'm like you though, I might wind up with a CS only because I like the covers better! I did notice that BRU has different covers, maybe ones that will just be exclusive to them, but I don't want to buy it there and have to pay sales tax!

Athena

The Emily is heavenly soft. Really really really soft. And it doesn't have a long pill or fuzzy feel, either.

Is the Emily pattern too over the top in person? Although considering the others I have, maybe I like them over the top. :eek: :D I probably cannot get one anyway because I think the shell might be too short for my tall DD and it is a lot of money for us right now, but I can dream. :)

Please let me know how you like the Silver Birch. It's so hard to figure out what these fabrics are going to look like when you can only see them by zooming in, like you said! I was doing the same thing!

Emily does look very soft, but it's almost too girly for me! I'm still on the fence about even buying the BLVD. I want to try it out in my car and see how my goddaughter fits in it, so I might just order one and try it out.

I'm like you though, I might wind up with a CS only because I like the covers better! I did notice that BRU has different covers, maybe ones that will just be exclusive to them, but I don't want to buy it there and have to pay sales tax!

I'm hoping for a thread with real life pics of the covers because I find it can be easier to tell what they really look like in real pics instead of their marketing pics. But I don't think enough people have them now for this yet.

I just wouldn't want to spend the extra for the CS feature because I already know it isn't worth it since I had the old BLVD and an Advocate with that.

Ditto. But I do understand spending a little more for a better fabric.

ZephyrBlue

I don't think the Emily is over the top. The pink is really pink, though. The floral pattern is so gorgeous IRL- the pic does it no justice. The background is pale green and the flowers are really pretty.

ally

Choosing a fabric took as much time as choosing a car seat. Silver Birch is not an ideal choice but met my personal criteria.

I felt fabrics other than emily and cowmooflage don't feel as soft and thought it is better to have a seat which has combination fabrics like silver birch, cavalier and riviera. I thought after removing the infant insert, the seat will have soft feel to most of it if not all of it. The soft part could help in reducing the heat in summer (I don't know how correct I am here) and also make baby feel better.

Silver birch matches my taste. And i could get a better look of it in the video than I could of others by zooming in :)

Onyx and blue print seemed plasticky, paisley was not my kind.

Like Athena said, real life pics and comments from their owners will be of great help.

Last edited:

ally

I just received my BLVD70 CS in Silver Birch. It looks as cute as in the pictures and Britax video. I am glad I went with this fabric. It feels very very soft. The design part is definitely not as soft as the gray area but is not very rough and does not feel uncomfortable. I am yet to install and put my DD in it. I will start a new thread with close up snaps of the fabric, to help people get a better look.

Thanks everyone :)

msg221

I just received my BLVD70 CS in Silver Birch. It looks as cute as in the pictures and Britax video. I am glad I went with this fabric. It feels very very soft. The design part is definitely not as soft as the gray area but is not very rough and does not feel uncomfortable. I am yet to install and put my DD in it. I will start a new thread with close up snaps of the fabric, to help people get a better look.

Thanks everyone :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics! Like I said, the pattern part looks like the pattern on my vehicle seats!

gigi

The Onyx fabric is boring, but it is GREAT. It cleans up perfectly (just brush crumbs out) and is soft for the kid. I don't think any of them are breathable as they are all synthetic and have layers of foam behind them, but my son and I have grown to LOVE the onyx for its ease of use and maintenance as well as feel.

equilibrium

I haven't seen anyone's pics of the fabrics. Anyone have some to share? :) So, after receiving your seats...what do/don't you like about the fabrics??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC