Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Talking MY BV70 is HERE :) :) *pic heavy*

Any pic request??

I installed it RF and FF alread with LATCH. I tried FF with seat belt but could not get the belt in the lock offs and I haven't tried RF with the seat belt yet.

Here are a few pics I took already.

First, I compared the fit of the BV vs our TF

Room between the seats and the pass. seat (the TF does not have the head rest on and does NOT fit with it on)

comparing the harness adjuster placement

It is almost impossible to reach the adjuster lever on the TF and on the BV it is right on top.

Here is DS in the seat. He is 5, 44 inch tall with a 16.5 in torso and has just outgrown the seat *i think* (I need to check where the hrnes was better I was in a hurry as DH was making Breakfast ) Ill put him in RF in a little bit

An DD who in 9 mons and I'm not sure on height at the moment

So for I give it a I have never used and old Britax other than a FN so I can not compare it. It does fit in my tiny back seat WONDERFULLY though and it took me all of 3 secs to get it installed with LATCH both FF and RF.
    Nikki, Navy wife to Kevin and Mom to Jacob 6/05, 57in, and 62lbs riding in a harmony youth and other variuos backless boosters and Grace 11/09, 41in, and 40lbs riding in a Nauti (rear faced for 2y and 10 1/2 months)
    Baby Emily 7/12 , riding in a BV70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: MY BV70 is HERE :) :) *pic heavy*

Thank you! This is great!

I have questions!
    (1) So you found the TF takes more front-back space than the BLVD 70? Now I am confused because on the other thread the RA55 took more than the TF. I guess it could just depend on the car?
    (2) What kind of car is it? Wondering if you back seat is as tiny as ours.
    (3) You say your 44" 5 yo has just outgrown it? That is disappinting since I thought it was supposed to last longer FF than the old seats. Does he have a proportionally long torso? I know you said his size, but I am terrible at measuring torsos and am not sure if that is considered long for his age/size.

Maybe I can manage to try my 4 yo FF in one, but everyone would have to come to BRU and be in a cooperative mood. For that, it would be easier to just try it on the bench seat in the store, but I can't seem to get seats tightly installed there with their weird latch anchor positioning. Anyone else have that problem?

Thank you! This is great!

I have questions!
    (1) So you found the TF takes more front-back space than the BLVD 70? Now I am confused because on the other thread the RA55 took more than the TF. I guess it could just depend on the car?

Yes it takes up A LOT less room front to back in my car. A TF with the head rest on wil NOT ift in my car without the pass. eating the dash. I can install it and take full on comparison pics if you would like.

(2) What kind of car is it? Wondering if you back seat is as tiny as ours.

2004 Suzuki XL-7 it is carzy tiny for an SUV and has a stupid unusable middle seat

(3) You say your 44" 5 yo has just outgrown it? That is disappinting since I thought it was supposed to last longer FF than the old seats. Does he have a proportionally long torso? I know you said his size, but I am terrible at measuring torsos and am not sure if that is considered long for his age/size.

He wears size 6/7 shirts if that helps any.
    Nikki, Navy wife to Kevin and Mom to Jacob 6/05, 57in, and 62lbs riding in a harmony youth and other variuos backless boosters and Grace 11/09, 41in, and 40lbs riding in a Nauti (rear faced for 2y and 10 1/2 months)

Lovely new seat!! But....................
    could I see a pic of your son FF in the Tf comared to the Britax - I love both seats but can't decide which one is best to go for.

many thanks iin advance

Emi n Co

Thanks for sharing!! I'd love to see your DS fits in it RFing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    Lovely new seat!! But....................
    could I see a pic of your son FF in the Tf comared to the Britax - I love both seats but can't decide which one is best to go for.

many thanks iin advance

Emi n Co
    I can do that tomorrow. He was done playing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tumblebug View Post
    Thanks for sharing!! I'd love to see your DS fits in it RFing.
    I am uploading these pics now

First a disclamer: DS is 44lbs and therefore to HEAVY to ride in this seat this way we did not leve the garage

Second: Sorry for the crappy pics the light in the garage ant night sucks.

Ok on to the pics. Ds is 5, 44lbs and 44inchs w/ a 16.5 inch torso. He has outgrown the seat by weight and by height but not by much.

With the head reat down so you can see where his head hits.

With the head rest al the way up. He has about 1/2 inch of harness grow room when RF but none when FF

Front veiw and side view

And last, this is what he thought about RF

9. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPS Technician

I'm curious if you put something flat against the top of his head and perpendicular to the carseat to check for how much space is above his head? It's a little hard for me to eyeball it in. Looks like he is just a touch below the top of the shell maybe?

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    I'm curious if you put something flat against the top of his head and perpendicular to the carseat to check for how much space is above his head? It's a little hard for me to eyeball it in. Looks like he is just a touch below the top of the shell maybe?
    Yes, I am wondering by how much he has outgrown it RF too? I'm thinking about when my DD would outgrow it RF by height and it is interesting to see at what height that happens for others. Thanks!

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

I thought when rf'ing you went by shell height, not the head rest. Because if that's the case, he outgrew it rf'ing a LONG time ago as his head is clearly above the shell rf'ing.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

Moderator - CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    I thought when rf'ing you went by shell height, not the head rest. Because if that's the case, he outgrew it rf'ing a LONG time ago as his head is clearly above the shell rf'ing.
    But in the first picture of post #7, it looks like he's not actually above the top of the shell. It's hard to tell from pictures - in the front view he does look like he's above it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    Yeah I'll do that. I don't know why I did not think about that yesterday.

You do go by the shell not the headrest. I took the pics that way as a comparison. Also yes he has outgrown it RF both by height and weight.

CPS Fanatic

Yes, but it is hard to tell the specifics in pics and I was wondering by how much. When you say a LONG time ago, do you think he'd outgrown it by height by 3 yo? That would be my concern, whether my DD would outgrow it that quickly.

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

Not knowing this child's specific growth pattern, I would guess he would have made it to 3 comfortably, if not 3.5-4. All depends how much torso he's grown in the last 2 years!! Most kids start sprouting legs at that point and torso growth slows significantly. But, IMO, every other pic, he appears to be well above the shell except that one. Was that one with the seat installed? And was it installed rf? Because that would be the only way to get a real comparison. Even then, it's still too close IMO, weight aside. But it is nice to see how he fits at his age/size. I've always found the BV to be outgrown before the other Britax convertibles in the past. So getting to 5 IMO is pretty darn good.
    Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

I took him back out this morning and did get different results. I think he was sloching in that pic as he was not buckled. I am going to re-do those pics tomorrow morning when I get the comparisin pics w/ the TF.

Is it just me, or do the straps look really close together?

No, it is not just you they are fairly close.