MY BV70 is HERE :) :) *pic heavy*

njkj

:love:

Any pic request??

I installed it RF and FF alread with LATCH. I tried FF with seat belt but could not get the belt in the lock offs and I haven't tried RF with the seat belt yet.

Here are a few pics I took already.

First, I compared the fit of the BV vs our TF

Room between the seats and the pass. seat (the TF does not have the head rest on and does NOT fit with it on)
DSC00785.jpg
DSC00790.jpg

comparing the harness adjuster placement

It is almost impossible to reach the adjuster lever on the TF and on the BV it is right on top.
DSC00787.jpg
DSC00791.jpg

Here is DS in the seat. He is 5, 44 inch tall with a 16.5 in torso and has just outgrown the seat *i think* (I need to check where the hrnes was better I was in a hurry as DH was making Breakfast :love: ) Ill put him in RF in a little bit :)

DSC00794.jpg
DSC00795.jpg

An DD who in 9 mons and I'm not sure on height at the moment

DSC00796.jpg

So for I give it a :thumbsup::thumbsup: I have never used and old Britax other than a FN so I can not compare it. It does fit in my tiny back seat WONDERFULLY though and it took me all of 3 secs to get it installed with LATCH both FF and RF.

ADS

Athena

Thank you! This is great!

I have questions!
(1) So you found the TF takes more front-back space than the BLVD 70? Now I am confused because on the other thread the RA55 took more than the TF. I guess it could just depend on the car?
(2) What kind of car is it? Wondering if you back seat is as tiny as ours. ;)
(3) You say your 44" 5 yo has just outgrown it? That is disappinting since I thought it was supposed to last longer FF than the old seats. Does he have a proportionally long torso? I know you said his size, but I am terrible at measuring torsos and am not sure if that is considered long for his age/size.

Maybe I can manage to try my 4 yo FF in one, but everyone would have to come to BRU and be in a cooperative mood. :) For that, it would be easier to just try it on the bench seat in the store, but I can't seem to get seats tightly installed there with their weird latch anchor positioning. Anyone else have that problem?

njkj

Thank you! This is great!

I have questions!
(1) So you found the TF takes more front-back space than the BLVD 70? Now I am confused because on the other thread the RA55 took more than the TF. I guess it could just depend on the car?

Yes it takes up A LOT less room front to back in my car. A TF with the head rest on wil NOT ift in my car without the pass. eating the dash. I can install it and take full on comparison pics if you would like.

(2) What kind of car is it? Wondering if you back seat is as tiny as ours. ;)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 it is carzy tiny for an SUV and has a stupid unusable middle seat

(3) You say your 44" 5 yo has just outgrown it? That is disappinting since I thought it was supposed to last longer FF than the old seats. Does he have a proportionally long torso? I know you said his size, but I am terrible at measuring torsos and am not sure if that is considered long for his age/size.

He wears size 6/7 shirts if that helps any.

Emi

Lovely new seat!! But....................
could I see a pic of your son FF in the Tf comared to the Britax - I love both seats but can't decide which one is best to go for.

many thanks iin advance

Emi n Co

njkj

Lovely new seat!! But....................
could I see a pic of your son FF in the Tf comared to the Britax - I love both seats but can't decide which one is best to go for.

many thanks iin advance

Emi n Co

I can do that tomorrow. He was done playing tonight.

Thanks for sharing!! I'd love to see your DS fits in it RFing.

I am uploading these pics now :)

njkj

First a disclamer: DS is 44lbs and therefore to HEAVY to ride in this seat this way we did not leve the garage ;)

Second: Sorry for the crappy pics the light in the garage ant night sucks.

Ok on to the pics. Ds is 5, 44lbs and 44inchs w/ a 16.5 inch torso. He has outgrown the seat by weight and by height but not by much.

With the head reat down so you can see where his head hits.
DSC00806.jpg

With the head rest al the way up. He has about 1/2 inch of harness grow room when RF but none when FF
DSC00807.jpg

Front veiw and side view
DSC00809.jpg
DSC00811.jpg

And last, this is what he thought about RF
DSC00816.jpg

jjordan

I'm curious if you put something flat against the top of his head and perpendicular to the carseat to check for how much space is above his head? It's a little hard for me to eyeball it in. Looks like he is just a touch below the top of the shell maybe?

Athena

I'm curious if you put something flat against the top of his head and perpendicular to the carseat to check for how much space is above his head? It's a little hard for me to eyeball it in. Looks like he is just a touch below the top of the shell maybe?

Yes, I am wondering by how much he has outgrown it RF too? I'm thinking about when my DD would outgrow it RF by height and it is interesting to see at what height that happens for others. Thanks!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I thought when rf'ing you went by shell height, not the head rest. Because if that's the case, he outgrew it rf'ing a LONG time ago as his head is clearly above the shell rf'ing.

jjordan

I thought when rf'ing you went by shell height, not the head rest. Because if that's the case, he outgrew it rf'ing a LONG time ago as his head is clearly above the shell rf'ing.

But in the first picture of post #7, it looks like he's not actually above the top of the shell. It's hard to tell from pictures - in the front view he does look like he's above it.

njkj

Yeah I'll do that. I don't know why I did not think about that yesterday.

You do go by the shell not the headrest. I took the pics that way as a comparison. Also yes he has outgrown it RF both by height and weight.

Athena

Yes, but it is hard to tell the specifics in pics and I was wondering by how much. When you say a LONG time ago, do you think he'd outgrown it by height by 3 yo? That would be my concern, whether my DD would outgrow it that quickly.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Not knowing this child's specific growth pattern, I would guess he would have made it to 3 comfortably, if not 3.5-4. All depends how much torso he's grown in the last 2 years!! Most kids start sprouting legs at that point and torso growth slows significantly. But, IMO, every other pic, he appears to be well above the shell except that one. Was that one with the seat installed? And was it installed rf? Because that would be the only way to get a real comparison. Even then, it's still too close IMO, weight aside. But it is nice to see how he fits at his age/size. I've always found the BV to be outgrown before the other Britax convertibles in the past. So getting to 5 IMO is pretty darn good.

njkj

I took him back out this morning and did get different results. I think he was sloching in that pic as he was not buckled. I am going to re-do those pics tomorrow morning when I get the comparisin pics w/ the TF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC