My Roundabout 55 came in today :-)

marjen

My Roundabout 55 came in today :) -- Pics

***Pics added***

My DD just turned 2, and is 34", 24 pounds, approximate 12" torso (hard to measure a wiggly 2 year old lol). She has around 3 inches of shell above her head rearfacing. My DD is on the small side, so I guess that definitely plays into it...but I really like the seat. It was insanely easy to install with LATCH (2008 RAV4). She seems really comfy, and has a good amount of leg room. It takes up less room in my backseat, which is nice. Overall, I'm really happy...I know it's not the perfect seat for everyone, but I think we'll get some good use out of it. I think if you're going to buy a new Britax, it's a great deal (especially with all of the 20% off deals). I don't need the higher weight limit...and I don't mind manually adjusting the harness straps.

Please excuse my child's crazy post-nap hair :)

DSC_0831-1-2.jpg

Leg Room:
DSC_0844-2.jpg

DSC_0841-3.jpg

Lots of room between it and the drivers seat:
DSC_0822-2.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't wait to play with this! I helped a dad install the RA50 in his car, giving him the basic rundown, but he's going to be buying the 55 and I hope it's not too different, otherwise he'll be calling me back again in a week or so to figure out the new one, too :eek:

Athena

Thank you for the update! Only 3 inches, eh? Although I don't know her torso height, overall my 2 yo DD is bigger than yours. I think I need to make a trip with her to BRU to play with car seats. :) If she cooperates, it'd be fun to try her in the new Britax (ours only has the Blvd 70 so far), my ride, and CA and get RF measurements. I think that's all they have that'd be of interest.

When you say it takes less space, are you comparing it to the old Britax shell? Do you know how much more space (inches?)? That is the big selling point for me, but it is hard to get a really precise idea of the difference when quickly trying it at BRU. Thanks!

marjen

I can't wait to play with this! I helped a dad install the RA50 in his car, giving him the basic rundown, but he's going to be buying the 55 and I hope it's not too different, otherwise he'll be calling me back again in a week or so to figure out the new one, too :eek:

I think one of the only differences installation-wise is that the RA55 has bars with individual LATCH connectors. Installation was really easy, so hopefully he shouldn't have any problems.

Thank you for the update! Only 3 inches, eh? Although I don't know her torso height, overall my 2 yo DD is bigger than yours. I think I need to make a trip with her to BRU to play with car seats. :) If she cooperates, it'd be fun to try her in the new Britax (ours only has the Blvd 70 so far), my ride, and CA and get RF measurements. I think that's all they have that'd be of interest.

When you say it takes less space, are you comparing it to the old Britax shell? Do you know how much more space (inches?)? That is the big selling point for me, but it is hard to get a really precise idea of the difference when quickly trying it at BRU. Thanks!

Well, it's at least 3 inches...could be a little more. It takes up less space than the MA/BLVD in my car. I think a lot depends on the individual car though. I've installed a MA, BLVD, TF, and Signo in mine...and the RA55 takes up the least amount of space.

If anyone is interested in comparison pics, I have a TFP, BLVD65, and Signo. I just sold my MA65...too bad, because that would have been good for comparison.

Athena

I love that cover! Is it one of their soft/plush fabrics?

I think one of the only differences installation-wise is that the RA55 has bars with individual LATCH connectors. Installation was really easy, so hopefully he shouldn't have any problems.

So it has the same latch connectors and bars and dual tighteners of the other seats now? I didn't remember that since I didn't look at the RA55 in detail.

If anyone is interested in comparison pics, I have a TFP, BLVD65, and Signo. I just sold my MA65...too bad, because that would have been good for comparison.

I'd love to see pics comparing it with the blvd65, especially with the front seat in the same position to show the difference in space there. But only if you have time and others want to see too. I was amazed by how much space you have in front of the seat. Your car must be bigger than ours. :)

Last edited:

marjen

I love that cover! Is it one of their soft/plush fabrics?

So it has the same latch connectors and bars and dual tighteners of the other seats now? I didn't remember that since I didn't look at the RA55 in detail.

I'd love to see pics comparing it with the blvd65, especially with the front seat in the same position to show the difference in space there. But only if you have time and others want to see too. I was amazed by how much space you have in front of the seat. Your car must be bigger than ours. :)

I really like the cover too...it's the soft plush :) Yep, the RA55 has the LATCH bars like the other models now. That's one thing I didn't like about the RA50. No problem at all about the comparison pics! I'll take some in the morning. I'll go ahead and do all of the seats I currently have (BLVD65, TFP, Signo).

crunchierthanthou

Re: My Roundabout 55 came in today :) -- Pics

I just got mine today. Are you having problems with the cover staying on? I'm afraid mine is faulty. The back elastic keeps slipping off. :(

mykidsmylife

I like it. Aafes has the for $98 so I recomended it to a friend. I was hoping I made a good choice. Her dd is petite and she needs a back up seat for under $100

marjen

I just got mine today. Are you having problems with the cover staying on? I'm afraid mine is faulty. The back elastic keeps slipping off. :(

Hmm...I didn't notice a problem with it staying on. But it did seem like it would be more likely than with the old Britax covers (if that makes sense).

Cute! Love the dots!

BTW, she has WAY more than 3 inches above her head. More like 6 :eek:

Lol...I thought that as I was looking at the pics. I measured when she was in the seat (but she was wiggly)...and then when I posted the pics I was like "That looks like way more than 3 inches" :)

And I'm still going to post some comparison pics...I had to go out of town unexpectedly, and wasn't able to take pics.

ChristyH

Cute! I love that cover

Thank you for posting this, I tried my DD out in the Marathon 70 and she had a ton of growing room, she has almost the exact same stats as your DD but 1lb lighter and about 1/2 inch shorter torso. She had a ton of growing room in the marathon and since I really don't mind rethreading the harness and I'm sure we'll never need it to 70lbs I might have to go with the 55 for the price!

Jennifer mom to my 7

But I thought the stats on the roundabout 55 were shorter than the marathon and boulevard 70.

I had thought the conclusion was that the roundabout 55 would be the 40 pound roundabout with a 55 pound limit?

The roundabout 50 was based on the decathlon shell, so 3 crotch strap positions and no latch bars.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
But I thought the stats on the roundabout 55 were shorter than the marathon and boulevard 70.

I had thought the conclusion was that the roundabout 55 would be the 40 pound roundabout with a 55 pound limit?

The roundabout 50 was based on the decathlon shell, so 3 crotch strap positions and no latch bars.

I haven't seen one in person, but my impression was that it had the same outer shell as the other new models, but no adjustable head restraint and the top harness height setting was shorter.

marjen

It has the same overall dimensions as the MA70/BLVD70 shell (per the Britax site)...but the top harness slot is 1 inch lower. The RA50 didn't have the separate LATCH bars...but the new RA55 does. The RA55 has 2 crotch buckle positions (like the MA/BLVD). It's basically the MA70/BLVD70 without the headwings/cushions and harness height adjuster.

capeKO71

Lots of room between it and the drivers seat:
DSC_0822-2.jpg

You know you can tether that... right? Looks like the d-ring hanging off the back. Just thought I'd mention it. Your DD looks great in that seat!

crunchierthanthou

definitely not. In fact, I had a 40 lb old style Roundabout here yesterday. When I get a chance, I'll post some pics.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC