Could I just order the tether anchors for the 86Y harness

glockchick

And install those in my truck and use them with other seats?

Since I can't get factory ones, is this an option? I wouldn't be able to get 45 degrees behind the 2nd row seats. Would that be ok?

Or are those anchors only designed to be used with the 86Y harness system?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You can just order a heavy duty tether anchor. Did you look under the vehicle and see if the space is clear, or is there a gas tank there?

glockchick

I haven't checked yet. I figured I'd ask if it was even an option first. :)

I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. I'll go out and check after I get dressed. The neighbors might really start to wonder if I go crawling around under my truck in my jammies. ;)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Never have done the ceiling. Hmmmm

Oh, and I go out in my jammies all the time. Of course, I live in the country.

glockchick

I grew up in the country and I miss it. We're smack in the middle of suburbia now. :p

I go out in my jammies too, but it's usually dark. :whistle:

skitle1802

Ok, I've been waiting for this question to be asked. Does the 45* angle only apply to using the 86Y harness? I would love to do this on the outboard of my third row. It would be great to have a little more flexibility.

soccer_widow

I would make sure that you have someone to install them before buying them. I was considering getting some to have additional anchors in my third row. However, I have been calling around my town, and have yet to find anyone willing to install them. Most cite liability as the reason they don't want to do it.

Pixels

Ok, I've been waiting for this question to be asked. Does the 45* angle only apply to using the 86Y harness? I would love to do this on the outboard of my third row. It would be great to have a little more flexibility.

45 degrees is considered optimal, but other angles are allowed. This is true for all tether anchors, not just for the 86Y.

I would make sure that you have someone to install them before buying them. I was considering getting some to have additional anchors in my third row. However, I have been calling around my town, and have yet to find anyone willing to install them. Most cite liability as the reason they don't want to do it.

It's possible to do it yourself. I understand that Judi does it fairly regularly for people.

glockchick

I could probably install them myself. I've done it before in an old crown vic. It had tether points, but no holes. We had to drill the holes and everything else though. :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I called Britax about this, or did I email. Hmmm. They stated that you could not use one with their product. So this would be a parental choice.

Pixels

EZ-On Products.

Britax also says not to use anything other than a vehicle manufacturer designated tether point, even for RF tethering. And yet, there's the D-ring ...

soccer_widow

Does Britax make a HDTA for use with the Traveller Plus? Shane Merritt suggested to me that this may be an option, because I needed the extra anchor for my Frontier. I put in calls to Sarah Tilton, but never got one returned....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC