? about DDs fit in her TF (with pics)

jessi f

I feel like DD is approaching that awkward stage in her TF when the bottom slots are seeming a little low but the second slots arent even with her shoulders yet. I took some pics to compare. Opinions? I didnt take her out to resettle her after moving the straps up, maybe I should have? I used to think she was really long torsoed but it seems like her legs have really sprouted lately. She just turned 1 and weighs 23 lbs 14oz, and is 31" long. Does that mean I get to call her ERF now? :D

ADS

Maedze

Unless the straps are slipping off her shoulders in the lower position, leave them be. If they are slipping off, move them up.

I definitely wouldn't call her tall-torsoed!

jessi f

She really did used to be though! As a noob she was allmost popping the snaps out of 3 month sized onsies, never squeezed her into any actual newborn cloths at all. But now she can still wear some onsies she was filling out at 2-3 months old. Crazy girl :p

Pixels

It looks to me like she's not all that far above the bottom slots, and not really close to the second slots.

She's over the minimum age and weight for FFing in her current seat (is there a height minimum? I don't even know), so yes, therefore I say she's officially ERFing. :)

jessi f

Yeah, I was thinking it's a little far still.... The straps arent really slippy yet. My main issue is other people (DH and grandma) trying to put her in the seat. I dont loosen it every time I bc it's such a pain. So you have to kind of settle her in to get her buckled. And so when anyone else trys to put her in the seat they swear up and down that the straps are too tight and it's impossible :rolleyes: But its really not a huge issue bc she doesnt go anywhere without me yet. Definately not worth moving her up a slot too soon. Thanks for looking :)

And I looked in the manual and it just says 1 year and 23 lbs, nothing about height to FF, so I guess she is ERFing :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC