Ok ProSport, Nautilus or Radian xtsl???

sholoulou

Radian xtsl, Recaro ProSport or Graco Nautilus
Money is not an issue
My daughter is 3 yrs and will be 4 yrs end of Dec she weighs 33 - 35 lbs
Hopefully, between this site and the other carseat site I can decide.. finally!.. and place an order tomorrow. :D

ADS

gsdguenter

Is she rear facing? If so, I'd go for the RN XTSL cause she go rf a while longer (if she still fits height wise) and then use it ff and then you could buy a dedicated booster after that is outgrown. If not, there is no need to buy a convertible seat as you will only be using 1/2 of the seats features kwim.

Is there a reason you are considering the Nautilus and ProSport? Not bad seats, just wondering if you'd also be open to the FR 85 as another option? I know some people have head slump issues in the Nauti, but some people don't.

A lot of people seem to love the FR 85, but I would go check them at BRU in your car for fit to see which one you like better.

You could do the Maestro too.

At her age I would really lean towards a combination seat.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Based on your other thread, I would say Nautilus, or Radian if you are still planning to RF (I don't think that question ever got answered.)

TheQueenMother

If head slump is a deterrant for you with the GN, you might subtract points fron the radian as well. It is so much worse for us than the GN.

gsdguenter

Just read your other thread. It seems you don't like the Nauti, but is it still in the running? Is she still rfing?

AtTheSouthDam

I'd say prosport simply because I really like my Yung sport for my four yearold. No head slump, very comfy, etc. I would only do the RNXTSL if you are planning to RF. I didn't like the Nautilus at all with the way it pushes the head forward.

sholoulou

We have one specialty store that carries FR85 and Radian. Our ToyRUs does not carry hardly any good carseats. I plan on going today and seeing how they fit. I will take pictures =-)

sholoulou

Sorry...
I am not quite sure if I am going to rf her or not. If the radian fits and she is OK with I might consider it. She has been ff since a year and a half... before I knew better. I do like the radian because it is narrow and because of the safety features. I will have to try the seats tomorrow... My hubby and I are going on a date!! =-)

TyAndCheyMommy

I just wanted to say- we got the ProSport for my DS. We really really like the seat- is even easy for my mother to install. My son says it is very comfortable, and he likes having a "big kid seat" as oposed to a "baby seat"... I am able to fit a wide range of my kids in it- depending on who needs it... and none of them have complained about the fit.
I had to have a car seat that does not have to be top teatherd- because in my van we don't have the top teathers.

Evolily

If you want to rear face, then definitely the radian. The other two don't rear face ;) . Otherwise, between the GN and the prosport? It depends on preference. The prosport is a much plusher seat- if that's important to you. I also like the depth of the headwings, however that may be hard for a kid who likes looking out the windows. Then GN is a very good seat, too, and will last most kids longer due to slightly taller top slots. It really is personal preference. If you don't like the GN, then get the prosport.

I, personally, love the GN. Both A & C are in it. I think it's a great seat, it's easy to use, easy to install, has a good price point, and I'm confident that it provides more than adequate protection. If the prosport had been out when I got the GN, and money were not an issue, then I might have gotten the prosport and might be saying equally nice things about it.

sholoulou

Went to try out seats today. No Frontiers available.. they are being redesigned and will not be available until end of Sept or later. The radian fit well ff. I rf it and asked my dd if she wanted to sit that way. She hopped in right away and was super excited!!! LOL I forgot my camera so I did not take pics. Sooo I think I will go with the Radian for now... try rfing. Then later... when I get a shopping fit... I will get the Prosport!
Thanks once again for awesome advice!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC