People are idiots!!

ADS

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Please tell that to the patientS (please note the PLURAL form of that word) I discharged last week. Only 1 patient actually RFed her infant seat.

I wanted to bang my head against the wall in frustration, but i also felt the need to congradulate them for thinking outside that box and make a square peg fit into a triangle hole! How hard is it to look at your directions when it clearly states "THIS IS A REAR FACING ONLY CAR SEAT!" It doesn't say "this is a rear facing car seat, but certain special people who decide to take matters into their own hands can face it any direction they feel like"

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Well, at least it has the owner's manual and hopefully anyone buying it will take the time to read it or at least the warning labels.

But yep, pretty dumb. :rolleyes:

MySillyKids

This must of been the chick i saw on the freeway like 3-4 years ago, who had their 2 year old FF in an infant seat. I couldnt believe my eyes. I was like Wow. people are either CRAZY, or they cant read too good. :rolleyes:

tchrgrrl

I emailed the seller - asked about expiration date, cleaning, accidents... her response...

hello: this one will be good til' end of october 2007, check with your state laws in regards to front facing child (car seat is : up to 20lbs. & 26 inches long)...never been in accident (thank god) i did wash inserts and clean everything with lemon lysol (liquid) in case of allergy...thanks j e s e k a
**also, if u win auction i will send u info on how & where to register in your name in case of recall! no recall at this time!!!!!!! oh, i do have extra base...i forgot to list in auction!!!

I responded...

Thank you for your quick response!

Did you read your manual for this seat regarding forward facing? That seat cannot EVER be used forward facing, regardless of any law of any state!

Please throw out those harness straps - read your manual - carseat straps should never be cleaned with abrasive cleaners. Replacement harnesses are available from the manufacturer if necessary.

At the very least please make sure your listing includes that this seat expires in just 7 months. A buyer should know that they are paying for a very limited use.

Obviously this is not the right seat for me, please do the right thing and make sure another baby is safe in it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I emailed her too!

This car seat is a rear facing car seat only. It can not forward face, period. It doesn't matter what state you are in. It states that on the car seat and in the owners manual. Please consider changing that infomation as to not confused parents. Forward facing the car seat would be deadly in a crash. It would be like putting your baby in a catapult.

Loves2sing

This girl is not the brightest crayon in the box! She puts in her ad repeatedly that it comes with the owners manual! HOW ABOUT READING IT THEN?!!?:rolleyes: What a moron!

broken4u05

I just wish there was something you can drink to be smarter. Not even to be any kind of genius just to use seats in the right way

mominabigtruck

I am adding to the people are idiots post. I just got an email from someone about my roundabout that I am selling on ebay. I clearly stated the manufacture and expiration date in the listing and that it is to expire in about a year and a half. She emailed me to tell me that the government says that seats are only good for 5 years and I should be ashamed of myself for selling an expired seat. I emailed her back saying that it was lovely that she was trying to inform people but she should get her info straight before spouting off because expiration dates are set by manufactures and the majority of seats expire in 6 or more years.

broken4u05

It is good that she wanted to keep kids safe but she needs to learn more about seats. And not just mad right away

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC