Two radian XTSL's and a...??

mommygraham

We need to get DD2 out of her snugride and into the Radian XTSL, but I can't figure out what will fit 3 across in our car. Seriously, I've been back and forth between websites, trying to find width information and can't put it all together. Right now we have...

Radian XTSL, snugride, Radian XTSL

I plan to keep DD2 in the middle. I can either buy a 3rd Radian XTSL (and toss the snugride that expires in a couple months) or buy a harnessed booster for DD1 and give her Radian to DD2.

I'm starting to think I don't have a choice, and I HAVE to get a 3rd Radian so I can still fit 3 across (which really isn't a bad thing. I just though I could plan ahead a bit and have some sort of booster available for DD1 in a couple years. I mean, wouldn't that be saving me buying an extra seat in the overall scheme of it??). I'm not finding any harnessed boosters any narrower than 19.5". The snugride is 17.5". If I toss that and replace it with a harnessed booster, I can't pull 2" out of thin air (though I wish I could).

Will somebody, anybody, help me figure this out please?? Oy. Oy. Oy.

ADS

NVMBR02

What kind of car?

I had 2 Radian XTs and a Coccoro in my car for awhile. Now I have a Radian XT, Coccoro and a Parkway SG. I have a Ford Fusion which I consider to be a mid sized car.

I would say if you want something that will last awhile a Radian is probably your best bet. How close is your oldest to outgrowing the Radian (height wise)?

mommygraham

What kind of car?

I had 2 Radian XTs and a Coccoro in my car for awhile. Now I have a Radian XT, Coccoro and a Parkway SG. I have a Ford Fusion which I consider to be a mid sized car.

I would say if you want something that will last awhile a Radian is probably your best bet. How close is your oldest to outgrowing the Radian (height wise)?

Mazda Tribute. DD1 is 42" tall. She can easily last a while in the Radian. I just figured if she'd be boostering even in 3 yrs, it's worth getting a harnessed booster now instead of buying a 3rd radian now and then a booster in 3ish yrs.

Katy

Just wondering if a myride would puzzle in between the Rn's? It has a tall base. Then in a few years get a thin booster for the older one. cost would end up the same if not cheaper depending on deals or boosters. Can you go to BRU and try it out?

ETA What is the width of the mastro? That has a bit taller harness..

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I bet the MyRide would puzzle. The Maestro was my other thought.

One thing to think about is that when you turn the Radian around RF, you gain a few inches. The Radian is 14" at the base and 17" up top, so when you put the bases side-by-side it saves you the inches that are otherwise needed for shoulder width. (Does that make sense?)

I would see about trying a Maestro first, because once you turn that RN around, you'll gain a bit of room, and it might fit. Your oldest DD is light enough that the Maestro would fit her for a good while, and although she'll need a dedicated booster eventually, Maestro + Turbo ends up being about the same price as a Nautilus, spread out.

ETA: If you truly, truly get into a pickle, your other option would be to put DD1 in a combo seat center, and RF both DD2 and DS outboard in the Radians, but I don't think you'll get that desperate. Just throwing it out there as another possibility, although it sounds like you'd prefer a third Radian to that option. :)

Katy

ETA: If you truly, truly get into a pickle, your other option would be to put DD1 in a combo seat center, and RF both DD2 and DS outboard in the Radians, but I don't think you'll get that desperate. Just throwing it out there as another possibility, although it sounds like you'd prefer a third Radian to that option. :)

That is a great idea, you gain sooooo much room when you have 2 RF Rn. I was even able to put a HWH seat between mine.

NVMBR02

I was thinking this as well.

If you want to keep dd2 forward facing your best bet is FFing Radian, Rfing Radian then___. I think a Mastero would work. I am going to order a Recaro Prosport to try in my car. Even though is is overall pretty wide it seems like the base might be narrow enough to squeeze in with Parkway SG if I trade the Coccoro for a Radian. That might be an option for you as well. I would get the Radians in your car and see how much room you have to work with.

mommygraham

I bet the MyRide would puzzle. The Maestro was my other thought.

One thing to think about is that when you turn the Radian around RF, you gain a few inches. The Radian is 14" at the base and 17" up top, so when you put the bases side-by-side it saves you the inches that are otherwise needed for shoulder width. (Does that make sense?)

I would see about trying a Maestro first, because once you turn that RN around, you'll gain a bit of room, and it might fit. Your oldest DD is light enough that the Maestro would fit her for a good while, and although she'll need a dedicated booster eventually, Maestro + Turbo ends up being about the same price as a Nautilus, spread out.

Wow, how could I have forgotten this?? I wasn't even thinking about how narrow the Radian gets rf'ing. Duh :rolleyes:

Go to BRU and play! :whistle:

Test installs in your vehicle so you can see what puzzles well together.
Then send us pics :D

Wish I lived closer than an hour from a BRU. We have Target and Walmart.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC