Perturbed with my Parkway at the moment.

Lea_Ontario

We've got an older style Parkway, DOM 12/2007.
I've read about the head rest problems, but never had any significant issues - I could always "convince" it to stay locked in place.

Until tonight.

Nothing I did would make that sucker stay UP.

Luckily, we'd taken both vehicles, and Boo was able to hope into his Monterey in the van.

VERY VERY perturbed at the moment. GRRR

ADS

Irishmama

Perhaps you should try threatening it? :)

One of ours did that, I had to clean out the back really good, it was really gunked up with fuzz and dust and such. It's fine now. Hope yours decidees to end it's errant ways and behave!

lovinwaves

UGH! That sucks :( I sold my Parkway because it was starting to bug me too. I only loved the fact that would fit in my 8th seat and do great 3-across.

melniemi

Mine did that too. Then I bought something else. Laid the pw on its back in the storage trailer. Then I needed (wanted) to fit 8 ppl in my van so I went out and played with it. It worked just fine. Not sure why laying it down made it work, but I'll take it. :p It's been in the van ever since, T prefers it.

Lea_Ontario

Okay - I called.

They told me that the seat is not repairable.

And because it's "so old" they can't stand behind it.

I was "offered" :

- a new Parkway SG for $75 USD (includes shipping to me)
- *IF* I mail back the old Parkway on MY dollar.

That's roughly $80, and then shipping costs, which will not be cheap (likely $40-$50 if not more, because while light, it's a bulky package).

A new parkway purchased is about $140.

melniemi

Whoa....wait, they offered you something? I called, twice, talked to 2 different people and was told, tough, you are out of warranty. That it is only safe to use in the lower most position.

Lea_Ontario

It likely depends on who you talk to, I guess.

I'm still unimpressed though. It's a DEFECT, not wear-and-tear through use.

That seat has barely been used - it's not our daily use seat.

ZephyrBlue

Yeah, Britax sent me a check for the purchase price (I had bought the old style PW on sale for $65 plus shipping) after first telling me that they would replace it with a new style model :thumbsdown: That's the first really unsatisfactory CS response I've gotten from them over the years.

melniemi

Well, then, if it breaks again, I'll call until I get a good answer. I've had the seats for 2 years, but it should last for 6.

Joyofbirth

Well, then, if it breaks again, I'll call until I get a good answer. I've had the seats for 2 years, but it should last for 6.

This is likely not to work. They keep a record of your calls and what is offered. I had trouble with my MA base and called a few different times. They offered to sell me a new Marathon for $125. I would have to cover shipping one way and they'd do the other. My seat was about 2 1/2 years old and the base had been broken since I bought it, I just didn't know it.

smurf

I had the same problem with one of my "original" Parkways, but it was replaced (with an SG) free of charge by Britax, no questions asked. It happened within one year of purchase though and I still had the original bill. I was pretty impressed with Britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC