Replace or no?

4boysmom

We were stopped at a stop light when we were rearended. There was definately a "impact" imo but when we pulled over to access damages the bumper of our 2002 Oddy just suffered 2 star punch marks from the guys license plate. No other visual damage on either his or our parts. Seats involved were all occupied, britax sg, rf radian britx sg, 2 nauti. My neck and back feel sore but I don't know if it is all in my head or "just tension". My dh sure as hell thinks it is and got all exasperated at me that "you actually want me to file a claim on that?!". On one head I could see this as maybe being okay because there *is* very little visual proof of damage (I haven't inspected the seats themselves yet) but I thought I'd ask here your opinions. I know you all as a whole are very level headed about it all and will tell someone in a "parking lot bump" that there seats are a-okay. Being the one involved, and having an unsupportive spouse the lines are not so clear right now. That and seriously my back hurts. I have had whiplash before from a hit and run car is totaled t-bone accident about 10 years ago and I am afraid this may have "awoken the beast" and I have no insurance so to me it seems wise to get a once over "just in case" but I don't want people, esp my spouse, thinking I am trying to "cheat the system" or something :(:thumbsdown:.

ADS

jjordan

If you're injured, why take chances? You're clearly (to me) not trying to beat the system. Better safe than sorry, in this case. Get yourself checked out and get your seats replaced! Glad all the kids are okay (assuming this since you didn't say otherwise)!

amyd

I'm not sure what "system" your DH thinks you're trying to cheat but those seats need to be replaced and you need to see a doctor. Hope all is well. Take care.

U

Unregistered

You can get hurt in an accident going under 5 miles and hour. I take it you were stopped when the person hit you? I am pretty sure you have whip lash and possible other damage, especially if you have been in other accidents. I would highly recommend seeing a doctor now. Better to check it out now than have problems down the road.

There could always be damage even if you can't see it or if the car doesn't "look" damaged.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC