Poll: Empty BPB

Do you buckle your empty BPB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ADS

scatterbunny

I do forget sometimes. Mainly when we're in a hurry to get out of the vehicle and get inside; Hayley will unbuckle and throw the belt off herself, and then when I get back in by myself to go somewhere, I forget it's unbuckled.

I wish I could afford a vehicle with LATCH, I'd get a Jane Indy Plus and have it LATCHed and not have to worry about buckling when not in use.

trailrunnermom

I answered "ummm", because I didn't really think about buckling the booster until I joined this group in February. Now I try to remember it -- our booster is in our 2nd car and usually only used on the weekends, so it should be easy to remember to "lock it and leave it"!!

When I had the accident, I had two boosters (no kids on board!) and each had the shoulder belt going through the belt path, but weren't buckled; fortunately they stayed right where they were in the 2nd row.

beeman

Well, mine rides in the box of the truck when it's needed, but not in use (if that makes sense). I don't use it too much so it usually sits in the garage. I've got a young neighbor that wants to come around the beeyards a bit this year, so it's likely going to see a lot more use this summer.

mamato2

I do, I really do. It isn't often in the car but you guys have impressed upon me the importance of strapping things down! I have always been one to strap things down or tuck them under seats but since reading this forum I'm even better :) .
C.

canadianmom2three

I had to click on ummmm i'm supposed to, even though I KNOW I'm supposed to I never ever do...I guess I am hopefull that the shoulder belt that is in the guide would hold it in place ?:eek: ? I really need to do a better job on this one.

skaterbabs

Honestly, despite my experience, projectiles are one of those things I'm just bad about, including buckling the boosters. Part of that is thatthey're all the way in the 3rd row, so I actually can't reach them unless I climb in all the way, but that only happens once in a blue moon.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't have a BPB in the car right now, but when I had one for a relative back before dd was born I always kept it buckled in. Then again, it wasn't used on a regular basis, so maybe I would've forgotten sometimes if I had to do it more often.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I never do... There's a vehicle headrest between me and half a pound of EPS foam and plastic that's hooked in at the shoulderbelt guide (the seat part weighs more, but that's going to hit the bottom of the seatback)... it just doesn't scare me :D (I HAVE had a Britax Laptop fly forward at me, and that's concentrated weight, I'd at least put that thing on the floor when not using it)

;)

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Beth's bpb is in dh's car and we just had this discussion the other day.

Dh said that if he is dropping Beth off at school and going to the train station...he doesn't buckle it. The station is about 2 blocks from the school, and then they are about 5 blocks from home. He says he isn't worried about the danger of projectiles while driving in the neighborhood. (They only drive to school when the weather is bad or they are SUPER late, usually they walk.)

Otherwise, dh does buckle it. I think I am going to have Beth start buckling it herself before she gets out of the car. It will be hard for her to do in the mornings w/ dh though because he won't want to take that kind of time and possibly miss his train. :rolleyes:

Michi

It's very rare that our boosters are unoccupied, but when they are I sometimes forget.

I used to never buckle them when we had the Graco Turbos, but now that we have the Monarch's (those things are 15 lbs each!) I'm really paranoid about them being projectiles, so I'm trying to be better about it.

Suzibeck

I voted most of the time. I am really good about it if I have another child with me, but I'm not always so good if it is just me and/or dh. The booster is currently in the 3rd row of the van and I don't like climbing back there. OK I'm lazy. I know dh doesn't buckle the one in his car, but my dd knows to do it if she rides with him. My youngest never rides in dh's car anymore so it is either the booster child using the booster or the oldest, who knows to buckle the unused booster.

When I was driving carpool last year, I always said "Unbuckle and rebuckle" when I pulled into the parking lot of the school. By the time we worked our way to the front of the drop off line, all booster seats were rebuckled. Yes, I let them unbuckle in a moving vehicle but we were going less than 1 mph. It got so I'd pull in and all 5 kids would chant "Unbuckle and rebuckle!" I don't miss carpool at all!

TXDani

Senior Community Member
:p I voted "your supposed to?"...but I know I am supposed to, I just don't.:p Our booster is rarely not occupied but when it isn't I do not buckle it in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC