Anyone here use LUNA pads??

Yoshi

Without going into too much detail, or whatever you feel comfortable sharing...can you tell me if they are good/bad/like them,hated them??? Are there other brands you like? I am seriously getting tired of spending so much $$$ for pads/tampons as well as environmental issues. TIA!!!

ADS

Synchro246

I haven't used Luna pads or any other washable pad, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE sea pearls tampons. I will never go back to disposable tampons for regular use (just for occasional use).
I find them to be uber comfortable. I love how much money and trash I save. As a bonus you can have sex with them (and it stays clean as long as the sponge was recently rinsed!).

I live near Tarpon Springs Fl (sponge capitol of america) and since buying my first batch of Sea Pearls brand ones I now just go to the sponge docks and buy nice ones, wash and boil them, cut them to size and VIOLA! Super cheap, enviromentally friendly tampons.
If I wasn't planning a trip to the area and I needed new ones (two sponges last about 6 cycles for me) I wouldn't hesitate to buy from the company because theirs *are* nicer, and not really that expensive.

For days out (theme park, long day shopping, whatever) I prefer cups. I like the instead disposable cup. On a moderate to almost heavy day I can use one instead for 8 hours easily. I've had less experience with my Diva cup (I got it a couple of cycles before getting pregnant the first time and I only had 3 cycles between pregnancies), but I like it too.

Morganthe

This thread should be cautioned: For Women's eyes only ;) :D

I've used OB tampons since I was a teenager. In fact, they're the only ones that can handle extreme heavy flow. I found the super dooper size in Germany and now they're carried in Walmart. I'm so relieved that I don't have to change one every 30 minutes :(
Even with septic systems, they're safe to flush.

I rarely use pads. Too annoying & make me feel even more wretched. :(

Synchro246

I've used OB tampons since I was a teenager. In fact, they're the only ones that can handle extreme heavy flow. I found the super dooper size in Germany and now they're carried in Walmart. I'm so relieved that I don't have to change one every 30 minutes :(
(

I wish I knew that in highschool. My mom was a tampax lady and even their heaviest flow ones had to be changed hourly at BEST. UGH. I find that the instead can handle more than the SuperPlus Tampaxes (tampaxi?, tampaces?) easily, but the sponges handle only about as much as the supers. Now, thankfully, my body has normalized somewhat and super pluses would work about like they're suposed to (6-8 hours).

Yoshi

This thread should be cautioned: For Women's eyes only ;) :D

I rarely use pads. Too annoying & make me feel even more wretched. :(
I agree with ya! I have a super heavy flow- always have. I am not sure about switching over, but I may try it one cycle just to see if it will work for me.

LEAW

i love amazpadz.com

fwiw, you should find your cycle lighter and shorter after changing to cloth

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I have very heavy flow (TMI warning) -- "chunks" for 8 days straight :( Before I had Leila I would go through numerous Super Plus tampons a day.... Of course I've been anemic for years because of this.

Luna pads became my favorites after I had Leila! The 2 snaps was what I liked best (along with the soft layer of liquid resistant stuff: PUL?). 1 snap jobbies are useless, IMO :rolleyes: :eek: Luna had various options 4+ years ago when I bought them (they're still in excellent condition) -- short & thin or long & thick (fold to use).

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I use luna pads. LOVE them. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I also use luna panties. And those are awesome. Absolutely awesome. So comfortable. I have some thongs and a pair of bikinis. I love them. I use them with a diva cup, and I love not having to worry about carrying something with me, or wondering if my pantyliner has moved. My periods are light enough that with the diva cup I rarely need more than a pantyliner, so having the lunapanties means I don't need to worry in the least. :)

Wendy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oooh, when did they start with panties? I admit I've had a Diva cup since Leila was born & am just to paranoid to try it :eek: :p No idea why -- just an irrational fear....

groovymom2000

Ok--I have to admit this is one area that I am totally clueless about, so I looked some of it up! :eek: The Diva cup actually sounds cool, as I have miserable periods, but I'm not sure that my *ahem* muscles are toned enough....kegel exercises were never my strong point! Thanks for the interesting ideas..something to think about.

Yoshi

Does anyone know why the flow is supposed to get lighter compared to using commercial disposable stuff? I've heard that, but I just can't wrap my brain around how it would affect it:confused:

And, papooses, your TMI sounds just like me:( so that is why I asked the above question.

LuvBug

I dont use them but Ive heard good things over the years on luna, freshies, and harleez(harleyz?). Freshies I could never get a sample of because she was ALWAYS backed up, I think everything was made to order? I think shes in canada too. The harleyz and luna I had a few of each from samples. TMI--------------- I just couldnt do the cloth pads because no matter how often I changed them or tried to position them they rubbed me raw on like my leg/butt. I wanted to do them so bad since we used cloth everything else... but it just didnt work out lol! Ive never used tampon things... lol!

LuvBug

Does anyone know why the flow is supposed to get lighter compared to using commercial disposable stuff? I've heard that, but I just can't wrap my brain around how it would affect it:confused:

And, papooses, your TMI sounds just like me:( so that is why I asked the above question.

I think it has something to do with the chemicals in sposies. They absorb into your skin and cause you to have a reaction??? I never did understand it either :p

I have a super heavy flow, but it only lasts 3-4days and luckily is never painful... then it sort of begins to fade off lol!

Stresch

I really like the Cyclez overnight pads. The Happy Heiney's are okay too, but the shape is weird. They are long enough for me, which the Glad Rags never were.

Simplysomething

I haven't used Luna pads or any other washable pad, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE sea pearls tampons. I will never go back to disposable tampons for regular use (just for occasional use).
I find them to be uber comfortable. I love how much money and trash I save. As a bonus you can have sex with them (and it stays clean as long as the sponge was recently rinsed!).

Okay, so I knew that tampons had been invented a long long time ago (I can still remember how that music used to make me..wait, not sing along time), but it never occured to me that you could get re-usable tampons today.

The only re-usable stuff that appeals to me are the cups--because I hadn't heard of the tampons. Though, I'm not sold on the tampons (or the cups, just yet)..I'm intrigued. I have to ask, those that have used them, did you use disposable tampons without applicators before?

I googled it and got this site (the tampons). Now, I can buy almost anything but from the what customers have to say section:
. As soon as I started using Sea Pearls…GOODBYE pain, cramps, and PMS.

That part, I don't buy. I can buy lightened flow, I can even buy almost anything else, but a sea sponge curing PMS... I don't buy, I just don't. (I find my PMS goes away with my hygiene products too, considering it's pre-menstrual syndrome. lol)

And the obligatory link to the museum of modern menstruation...lol (Where you can view ads from the turn of the last century that involve Lysol and cleaning of you lady bits...) Yes. I do have this thing in my favorites. It all can't be related to CPS!

broken4u05

I have a heavy flow and i only use pads can no use anything else. But now i am on the 3 month pill so i only have my period every 3 months and it is only like 3 days not heavy at all. I love it

didymama

oh my god do i love them!!!!! I WILL NEVER EVER go back to plastic!!!!!!!!! super comfy. and different patterns too!! so worth it just of the non stick to your butt factor. i also have a mommy's touch and glad rags, but the lunas are my fave. buying more next month since they are 15% off at my friends store. they may seen pricy up front, but last YEARS!!!!!. i also love the diva cup. great for heavy flow stuff with a pad back up.

did i mention that most women say they have shorter, lighter and less painful periods with cloth? it's a topic of debate, but i really think there is some thing to it. haven't used them for AF yet, but glorious pp.

Morganthe

Same TMI issue, but mine has been considerably worse since the gradual restart just 6 weeks postpartum. I've always had varying cramp levels & slight mood swings, but these past 3 years! :eek: :rolleyes: Everyone's pretty sure it's due to the fibroids. All I know is I have NO sex drive, constant ache in the middle, raw meat turns my stomach, & I can't even think about resuseable/washable tampons or pads! YUCK factor +20 here!! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC