What should I do with our TF?

mom2juliarose

We have a TF that I bought from the Woot deal a while back. Its DOM is 7/26/08 (and the TF has an 7 year life, right? So it's good until 7/26/15?). The crotch buckle was getting too snug on DD, though, so we took it out, put the Radian from DH's car into my car and put a HB TB in DH's car for her to use there.

Now I can't decide what to do with the TF, though.

1) Sell it on CL? (Not sure how much I would make there.) And then put the $$ towards the infant seat we want?

2) Hold on to it for the baby to use? (Baby will be in an infant seat for a few months, possibly 4-5 months... which means we'd have to hang store it until spring of 2011 and then it will have 4 years of life left in it, getting baby to 4.5 years before it expires.)

I'm leaning toward #1 because of storage space (we HAVE the space to store it, but do I want to store it for almost a year?), and because so many new things are coming out on the market that I might want to choose something new. The financial side of me, though, says to go with #2. We'd spend about $85 total on the infant seat ($65) + base (bought for $20 on clearance at Target)... but if I sell the TF to fund the infant seat + base, then when the time comes we'll need to pay more (say, $200 for a round figure) to buy a new convertible. Unless we do what we did with DD and have a bare-bones convertible in DH's car (we had a Scenera) and the better convertible in my car (we'll use the Radian until it expires... it has quite a bit of life left).

Thoughts?

ADS

Mags462

Well if the seat taking up space really bothers you then sell it.... but i personally don't think most people know the value of the seat and therefore you probably won't get much $$ for it on CL. They are heavy to ship so selling here might not go well either. Since it will work for your baby until he/she is 4.5 i would just keep it. But then again i :love: TF's - so my opinion could be biased. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC