Opinions please

cpsaddict

My cousins are expecting again in August. Their first is currently about 21 mths. He is FF:)( ) in an RA and has been since the day he turned one(their doctor said it was ok!). Now, though he is too tall to RF. Anyway, he will be approx. 26mnths when the new one arrives. He is now 30lbs and approaching too tall for the RA. I was thinking of getting them an Apex. They have a 1998 Expedition that has headrests outboard. Does 30lbs at not quite 2 seem like he would hit 40lbs early?? I have no kids of my own, so growth curves are a mystery. I found a couple Apexes on sale at Albee, so I was thinking of getting one of them. Then #1 would be set and new baby could use the RA when he/she outgrows the Safeseat I talked them into. The Apex makes a decent booster, right?? If not, I could always just pick them up a Turbo when the time comes. These are people that try hard to get the car seats right, but it just escapes them! They installed the RA FF with the seatbelt through the RF belt path and it was reclined. They couldn't figure out WHY it was loose. :eek:

ADS

scatterbunny

Yes, I'd say he'll hit 40 pounds before 4. Hayley was about 30 pounds right at her 2nd birthday, and she hit 40 pounds at not quite 3.5 years old.

I think the Apex is a good choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC