If you knew you were going to be in a bad wreck today

ADS

judesmommy

In her/his bed at home?

jk...

This is an interesting question, I can't wait to see what people say.

I would think the Radian XT because it has the steel alloy. I guess it would depend on the type of accident right?

BabyKaykes

I'd want my kid not in the car. However....I'll play along.

My '04 T&C currently has a Nautilus in it. Installed with LATCH and top tether on the driver's captain's chair. As the car is warming up each morning, I check and make sure it's still tight. So I guess I'd just strap my kid in and pray like I always do...I have no qualms about the safety of his seat.

NannyMom

I prefer Sofi ride in the True Fit Premiere in my van (primary vehicle). But that's boxed up for replacement. I currently have the My Ride in my van. Honestly, all I'd do is move it to the center. She's rear facing, she's nicely cradled by the seat, with EPS foam.

AtTheSouthDam

Three answers popped into my head:

"Her rocking chair at home" then the image of some one coming barreling through our wall followed.

"The young sport" because then I could replace it with a prosport :eek:

And the RN RF but she doesn't ride RF anymore :(

So I will go with the thought out answer of the RN, because of it's lower center of gravity and safe stop, plus it is in MY car so she will be much further from the doors than she would be in DH's civic.

And and DD1 is a no duh, she's be in her Monterey!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd have my kids in their regular seats. If I didn't trust the seats' safety, I wouldn't own them. Each time I strap my kids into the car I do it with the knowledge that we could get in a bad accident.

monstah

I'd have my kids in their regular seats. If I didn't trust the seats' safety, I wouldn't own them. Each time I strap my kids into the car I do it with the knowledge that we could get in a bad accident.

Same here. DS would be in his Frontier85, DD1 in her Radian and DD2 in her Coccoro. I wouldn't fix or change anything.

Katy

Just they way they are. I always drive with the possibility of getting into a wreck. I'd probably drive my suburban instead of the car because I feel they are more protected in that because of its size.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
If it were an option for me I'd say RF a Multitech. But since its not, I'm happy with her XTSL,RF. Although I would prefer a mire upright install.

glockchick

Ideally, we'd use what we trust the most, but in some cases it just won't fit.

I'd love to have Abigail and Kaleigh in Frontiers since I can't tether. CJ would be rearfacing in his MA, and Gabriel would be in the PW. The oldest two would have to rely on the grace of God since they're too big for any booster.

BUT, FR's won't fit. I could put Abigail in the GN untethered. Kaleigh will have to be in her BLVD untethered ff-ing. And that's just the way it is and I am trying to be ok with that.

cpsaddict

I would want her in either of the two seats we use now, the MA(rf and tethered) and the Diplomat(rf and tethered).

babyherder

I don't have any kids but with the 9 yr old and 6 yr old I babysit for I'm fine with the seats they are in now: 9 yr old in evenflo right fit and 6 yr old in vivo.

For the 8 yr old and 4 yr old I would hand over the money to get a radian that rf to 45 lbs so I could rf the 4 yr old. Then I would put the 8 yr old in the vivo that the 4 yr old uses now. This is the part that makes me sad. I can't/won't pay for a radian now so I put the 4 yr old in the vivo. But if I knew we were going to be in a bad crash I would find a way to get a radian to rf the 4 yr old. I would get a credit card and go into debt if I had to.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Yep, I would feel safe in my car, with their seats. Of Course I would prefer all 3 to be RF, but it's not happening with my current seats in my car.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm okay with the seats we are currently using -- Compass B570 and Monterey. I wouldn't be using them if I wouldn't be okay with them in a bad wreck.

firemomof3

i would want my ds & dd2 rf in their Radians and my dd1 boostered in either her TB or Vivo or rf in a Britax MT :p

katiesmommy

Ideally, an XTSL in the center of my car. However, since she's not rearfacing anymore, and is afterall 5, the only thing I'd do different is move the Nauti to the center. I'm fully confident with her seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC