Which slots does your child use in Radian?

ilo

DD is 3 years, 38 inches & 31lbs. We just got a Radian and I was surprised she needed the middle harness slots for RF (third from the top), first ones to allow the wings. Just wondering what slots your RF kids use and how tall are they.

ADS

jasminegrl

at her 6 month she was 14.5lbs and 24 inches and she was on the bottom slots. now she's about 15-16lbs at 8 months i don't know how tall and I moved her up to the next set earlier this week, she's not much above them but they stay on her shoulders so much better now.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
* Almost 6-year-old (FF)-- outgrown
* 4.5-year-old (FF)-- top slots; (RF)-- in between second-to-top and the next one down.
* 3-year-old (FF)-- second-to-top; (RF)-- in between third-from-top and the second-from-top.
* 2.5-year-old (FF)-- second-to-top; (RF)-- in between third-from-top and the second-from-top.

ame0312

riya is 32 mo... hers in on the 4th slot (2nd from top)... its slightly above, but it annoys me if theyre too far below...

austin is 13 mo & hes on the 3rd

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
DS will be 3 next month, and he uses the 4th slots (2nd from top) RF.
DD is 5 years and 3 months, and she also uses the 4th slots (2nd from top) RF, though her shoulders are farther above the slots that DS's are.

I don't know exactly how tall either of them are right now. :eek: DS is usually in the 95th percentile for height, and DD is usually in the 75th.

cookie123

Matthew is on the 3rd from the bottom. He has quite a ways to go in before moving up. He is 2.5 and was 34 inches at the beginning of the summer.

featherhead

Selah is 3 and she uses the 2nd from top. They are a bit above her shoulders still, but it fits her much better that way. Kezi is almost at the same place, just like half an inch lower than Selah, so hers is on the middle slots.

AtTheSouthDam

DD2 used the 3rd, RF, slots until a month before her 4th birthday. At four years she was 41" and 34#. She is now at the 4th slots up FF.
At 3y3m she could use the 3rd slots FF as well, but barely.

emtb79

Jake is 5yr5m and on the top slots FF, could use the 2nd from top but it is close.

Hudson is 2yr2m FF on the 2nd from top slots but is even with the slots down.
He is also a former reflux baby and has bad motion sickness so that is the reason for forward facing.

Amaris

Kaitlin is 3yrs 1mth ffing on the top slots. She is just above the next to top slots, and she was even with the next to top slots rfing. She would still be rearfacing if the rn wasn't over-reclined with her in it. I have a feeling there's a frontier 85 in our future if she doesn't slow down! She hasn't been measured in a while, but for reference she wears a 4 girls in shirts and a 3t-4t in pants.

jaded

27 month old DS, still using 2nd set from the bottom slots. His shoulders are AT the 3rd slots, so I'm sure I'll have to move the straps up a slot by winter. He's a little dude, wearing 18 month clothing.

Sadierain

Gwen is 15 months, 22 lbs, she's just now fitting into the 3rd slot from the top, I believe. Norah is 2 months, around 8 lbs, and on the bottom slots - and will be for quite awhile!

Cryssy Jane

Zack 5 (FF) top slots (1/8 of an inch left)
Odin 2.5 (rf) 4th slots
Savannah 17 months (rf) 2nd slots
Amare 1 year (rf), 3rd slots, but I'd be comfortable with the 4th as they're less than an 8th of an inch above his shoulders.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I guess I'm writting from the land of long torsos....

Ds is 2y8m ~30# and 37" using the 4th slots rf.

Dd is 9m (tomorrow) and is not currently in her radian, but when I sat her in it last week she looked to be up at the 3rd slot rf. :eek: I will try her in hers this weekend, I bet she's really still on the second slot, though she has been there since she was 2m or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC