MY 1st BABY IS 18 YRS OLD TODAY!!!!!!!

Yoshi

This is a picture of my oldest- Thomas- he is 18 today. (not the best picture, but I don't have a recent one!) He is an awesome honor student and I am very proud of him!!!!!! Believe me when I say that their childhoods are gone in an eye blink!
100_3757.jpg

ADS

broken4u05

Happy birthday. I i am not that much older than him. scary lol. (i am 20) So is he going to college? if so what one?

Yoshi

Thanks on his behalf, everyone. He is going to either SUNY(State University of NY) Oswego (they offered him a nice scholarship) or SUNY Geneseo. He will major in Secondary Education/Chemistry. At least that's what he is starting out with, LOL;) . He is 14 yrs older than my daughter. It has made for some very "exciting" few years with a teen and a toddler/now preschooler!! :rolleyes:

He is in another play at school starting tonight through this weekend, so we have to fit a party in somewhere.....Next weekend he and his gang will be celebrating at a local restaurant. He is friends with such nice kids- we are truly blessed!

southpawboston

Thanks on his behalf, everyone. He is going to either SUNY(State University of NY) Oswego (they offered him a nice scholarship) or SUNY Geneseo.

happy b-day and congrats to him!

my SIL is graduating from geneseo this spring! and i almost took a teaching job at geneseo recently, it is very close to my inlaws. it's highly ranked among public colleges! my wife and i are both SUNY graduates (SUNY new paltz).

Yoshi

happy b-day and congrats to him!

my SIL is graduating from geneseo this spring! and i almost took a teaching job at geneseo recently, it is very close to my inlaws. it's highly ranked among public colleges! my wife and i are both SUNY graduates (SUNY new paltz).

I am a SUNY New Paltz Grad too- class of '97 (I was 32 at the time:p )
I went to several other colleges before that, but that was close enough for me to commute to, and I was a single mom at the time, so it was convenient. When did you graduate?

canadianmom2three

Awwwww what a milestone - I hear you when you say their childhoods are gone in a blink of the eye - my first baby just turned 10, and my youngest baby is getting so grown up too, but 18 wow - happy birthday!

beeman

Happy Birthday. I'm 18 too, and those years didn't fly by like you seem to think they did. Hope you have a fun party.

southpawboston

I am a SUNY New Paltz Grad too- class of '97 (I was 32 at the time:p )
I went to several other colleges before that, but that was close enough for me to commute to, and I was a single mom at the time, so it was convenient. When did you graduate?

i graduated '93 (BS, biology), DW graduated '91 (BS, visual arts). i grew up in kingston. small world! (i also went to several colleges before burning out and moving back in with the 'rents and finishing off college at NP).

Yoshi

i graduated '93 (BS, biology), DW graduated '91 (BS, visual arts). i grew up in kingston. small world! (i also went to several colleges before burning out and moving back in with the 'rents and finishing off college at NP).

A small world indeed. I grew up right across the bridge! I talked my son out of new paltz, because I wanted him a bit farther from home. ;)

southpawboston

A small world indeed. I grew up right across the bridge! I talked my son out of new paltz, because I wanted him a bit farther from home. ;)

rhinecliff? rhinebeck? i took some classes at bard through that consurtium-type relationship between NP and bard. we used to go to "upstate films" all the time!

Yoshi

You're close- Red Hook! I also took a semester's worth of classes at Bard in the mid 80's- photography, anthropology, art history...I was trying to "find myself",LOL! Upstate Films is still fantastic (even though I haven't been there in ages- my son goes, though!)They have a film festival every year. I lived in Kingston with my then-significant other for 5 yrs when my son was little. I worked at Hess's department store- remember that? (long gone- replaced by Filene's and now Macy's)

southpawboston

You're close- Red Hook! I also took a semester's worth of classes at Bard in the mid 80's- photography, anthropology, art history...I was trying to "find myself",LOL! Upstate Films is still fantastic (even though I haven't been there in ages- my son goes, though!)They have a film festival every year. I lived in Kingston with my then-significant other for 5 yrs when my son was little. I worked at Hess's department store- remember that? (long gone- replaced by Filene's and now Macy's)

too small a world., INDEED. i think i remember hess's... was that in the grand union shopping plaza, or "uptown"/wall street? i lived very close to uptown and the stockade district-- 155 pearl street, heading up the hill towards "ring top" (if that's what that area up at the top of the hill is called... can't remember!). i went to saint joseph's catholic school, then GW, then bailey JHS, then KHS. the places i remember most from my childhood were the mohican grocery market (my mom dragged me there almost daily), abram's music store, the "kingston tea garden" (only chinese joint in town when i was little) and herzogg's dept. store (with those suction-vacuum tubes that sucked your money "upstairs" to the invoicing department... remember those?) my dad worked for the NYC water dept and his office was on the corner of john and wall street. my mom worked at the port ewen pharmacy. my parents retired and moved to teh catskills, where they always had a piece of land they loved... i haven't been back to kingston in about 3 or 4 years.

Yoshi

too small a world., INDEED. i think i remember hess's... was that in the grand union shopping plaza, or "uptown"/wall street? i lived very close to uptown and the stockade district-- 155 pearl street, heading up the hill towards "ring top" (if that's what that area up at the top of the hill is called... can't remember!). i went to saint joseph's catholic school, then GW, then bailey JHS, then KHS. the places i remember most from my childhood were the mohican grocery market (my mom dragged me there almost daily), abram's music store, the "kingston tea garden" (only chinese joint in town when i was little) and herzogg's dept. store (with those suction-vacuum tubes that sucked your money "upstairs" to the invoicing department... remember those?) my dad worked for the NYC water dept and his office was on the corner of john and wall street.

Hess's was at the mall (built in 1980?) The mohican market is gone, abrams is still there, herzog's is still there- but that is a lumber yard/home improvement store...were you thinking of London's dept store? (also gone) The tea garden is still there. DH and I got married on the lawn of the Historic Senate House.
Ok-Enough! We better kill this thread!!!!:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC