Britax 70's and Turbo Booster Elites at my BRU

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I really like the Boulevard :love: The headrest comes up so high above the top of the seat, it seems like it would really do something to keep a tall kid's head contained. It doesn't have that funky dial, just the nice handle to raise it, just like the new MA70.
The boxes are So Much Smaller than the old Britaxes, esp. the BV's (they are L-shaped like the MA or RA have always been, and still are).
I liked most of it... it's harder to reach the adjuster (harder for houdini toddlers to reach it, too...), but it has a narrow adjuster strap (not wide and bulky like the MA/BV), it seems like it might adjust really smoothly, at least like the RA50 (I haven't tried it with a kid in it).
The RF belt path is easy to reach, the cover has slits and flaps like an Evenflo, but the lockoffs... uh... um... they want to be like True Fits, but they don't quite get it.. kind of small and I couldn't get one of them to close on our test bench belt *at all*.

So no, it's not our super tall RF every kid till a full 40 pounds seat many of us want, but I bet it's going to score a lot of points for being *super compatible* with most cars, especially with LATCH. Oh well, a company's gotta stay in business... I think they have hit the mark with the average retail shopper. Except for no cupholders...oh well, the Safefit Snack Pod fits perfectly on this model, too :D

If you're in love with the Abby or Roanoke patterns of the old Turbo, grab 'em while you can, the Elite will be taking them over, in Posie and Ben (sorry if I've spelled the girl names wrong) Turbo Booster Elites are here. I didn't take them out of the box, but assume the headrests work the same as the GN Elite headrest...not sure about other changes, though.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What did you think about the recline feature on the new BV70? I HATE it. It feels like it is going to break. :(

I do like the lock-offs (except that they are small and the FF ones are REALLY hard to reach) and the new LATCH/tether storage. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Smooth like butter pull strap. I agree, the recline handle feels like it's going to break.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, the recline mechanism...uh...I don't know how long it's going to take me to figure that out so I can do it and actually have it looks like I know what I'm doing :eek: (I can do the Triumphs like a pro, if I can figure THOSE out, it might not be too bad.... )

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, the recline mechanism...uh...I don't know how long it's going to take me to figure that out so I can do it and actually have it looks like I know what I'm doing :eek: (I can do the Triumphs like a pro, if I can figure THOSE out, it might not be too bad.... )

LOL! I felt like I was going to break the thing each time I tried to recline any of the seats. It felt SO cheap to me, but I know it probably isn't!

The old recline mechanism was better. Even though it only had two positions, and the new seats have three, it was better.

Irishmama

Are the headwings any deeper on the Turbo Elite? They look like they are on Graco's website. That would be nice.

Splash

Yeah, it was difficult to figure it out and then it felt so flimsy and cheap. That was the cheapest feeling part of the seat to me. That and the ludicrous headpiece on the MA.

I knew you'd like them if I didn't. And I knew you wanted to like them, so I knew I had to hate them. Just another sacrifice I make for the cause.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, Splash :)

And I still haven't played with the Turbo Elite, but if it's like the Nauti, the headwings are the same depth, they just flap like a butterfly. There should be one on the shelf tomorrow night, I'll take a measuring tape to it to be sure.

mimieliza

I'm so bummed about the lock offs. I must be the only one who LOVES the old Britax lock offs.

It's probably starting to get to the point where lock offs are less of a selling point anyway because most people have LATCH. What can I say, we are old school around here. :)

Irishmama

They certainly do appear to be (at least on the website!) :) Great question.

Thanks! :)

LOL, Splash :)

And I still haven't played with the Turbo Elite, but if it's like the Nauti, the headwings are the same depth, they just flap like a butterfly. There should be one on the shelf tomorrow night, I'll take a measuring tape to it to be sure.

That would be great, thanks! I wonder if, even if they aren't deeper by the measurement, moving them in and thus forward would provide more protection around the head, kwim?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I didn't have a big kid with me, I had Laine. And it pulled like a Keyfit. Smooth as butter. I was expecting a ratcheting motion and it never happened.

Wendy

cookie123

That's great news. Hmmm maybe it's not off my list after all. Did the adjuster thingie - the metal part - look any different that you noticed?

EmmaGrace'sMom

Is BRU getting any exclusive girly covers? (like they had before) I really like the Alli MA cover, but I wonder if they'll get something I like more!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I LOVE Britax old lock offs too. I have zero problems with them.

OK, so those that played with the BV...does the head rest still push their head forward?? That's one of the reasons I've gotten rid of mine. We got horrible head slump, especially FF. But right now, baby is outboard, and I wouldn't object to some more SIP.

I also think the head thingy on the MA is a joke. It just looks like crap. But the BV...well it's the only one I'd consider and I hated the BV before...so that sells alot.

But YAY for the new harness adjuster!

autumnlily

I had 10 minutes to play with them yesterday. And, sadly, I'm not full of raves. Change is change... and I was hoping to jump in and love them. Don't get me wrong - I'm still going to buy one and hopefully I'll enjoy the changes.

Original Marathon: my favorite features were the easy recline and forward facing lock-off. The forward facing lock-offs, on the outside of the seat helps my parents, DH and his parents use the seat correctly and easily (think arthritic hands) EVERY TIME. I would not feel comfortable giving them the MA 70 (no latch vehicles) at this point.

MA 70: Boo to the new recline feature. Seriously. I expected more innovation in this area - a big step backwards from original model. I found the harness height adjustment a little sticky - but still much faster then re-threading and I really appreciate that! It does appear to be a little more squished inside and I'm worried it *might* be a little harder to lift/adjust kids when RF. I haven't tried - so I'm just speculating.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC