4.5 lb Premie in a Coccoro

Laurette

My friend had triplets 2.5 weeks ago and they will hopefully be comming home soon. I went up to help out with the "carseat test". Her babies aprox. weights are 5, 4.5 and 4 lbs. The 4.5 and 4 lbs babies were in Coccoros and the 5# baby was in a hand me down Designer 22. The babies all fit well in their seats. We did not use the infant insert on the Designer 22, instead we used two rolled up blankets one either side. They all passed the test, which required them to be in the carseats for 90 minutes! I was shocked at the ammount of time they had to be in the seats... she only lives 25-30 minutes away from they hospital.

Here is the only pic I got, I do have permission to share. :)

abf65c28-1.jpg

Enjoy!

ADS

swtgi1982

My friend had triplets 2.5 weeks ago and they will hopefully be comming home soon. I went up to help out with the "carseat test". Her babies aprox. weights are 5, 4.5 and 4 lbs. The 4.5 and 4 lbs babies were in Coccoros and the 5# baby was in a hand me down Designer 22. The babies all fit well in their seats. We did not use the infant insert on the Designer 22, instead we used two rolled up blankets one either side. They all passed the test, which required them to be in the carseats for 90 minutes! I was shocked at the ammount of time they had to be in the seats... she only lives 25-30 minutes away from they hospital.

Here is the only pic I got, I do have permission to share. :)

abf65c28-1.jpg

Enjoy!

Sounds about right, most around here test for three times the duration of the ride home. A few only twice the time.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think here it's generally 1hr OR the amount of time it takes to get home (we often get more rural clients so it could be a few hours home), whichever is longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC