Don't like my Keyfit 30.

livsmum

I thought I would love this, and was so looking forward to using it.

I had my baby on 8/2 and we've already had to move the straps up to the second from the bottom slot. He wasn't huge. 8 pounds 4 ounces, 20.5 inches.

I'm not loving the pads that go near their necks, makes him all squishy and I'm not liking the whole insert but of course still have them there.

Anyone else not in love with this seat?

ADS

tl01

I thought I would love this, and was so looking forward to using it.

I had my baby on 8/2 and we've already had to move the straps up to the second from the bottom slot. He wasn't huge. 8 pounds 4 ounces, 20.5 inches.

I'm not loving the pads that go near their necks, makes him all squishy and I'm not liking the whole insert but of course still have them there.

Anyone else not in love with this seat?

He likely needs the second slot bc the infant padding is being used. Also, that seat with the infant padding is meant to fit a 4 lb baby so it stands to reason that a bigger baby would be on a higher slot. You will gain space when you remove the padding.

livsmum

He likely needs the second slot bc the infant padding is being used. Also, that seat with the infant padding is meant to fit a 4 lb baby so it stands to reason that a bigger baby would be on a higher slot. You will gain space when you remove the padding.

Thank you, I thought I may have been doing something wrong.

canadiangie

I agree. Take the infant padding out. You can also remove the harness covers if you don't like the way they lay. Once you remove the infant padding you may find you can move the harness back down to the bottom slots. :thumbsup:

JerseyGirl'sMama

How much does he weigh? The lower infant insert has to come out at 11lbs, but of course you could remove it anytime before then if you wish.

cookie123

I would take off the harness covers. They just get in the way on a young baby in my opinion. Just make sure the shirt is pulled up so the harness isn't on the neck at all.

livsmum

Thanks, I think I'll take the harness covers off. I had read so many good things about this seat and when it came time to use it - I was like "ugh".

andre149

I would take out the lower infant pad, that would probably move him back down a slot, and it has to be taken out soon anyways. I hated the infant padding, but once that was gone loved the seat!

essnce629

I loved my Keyfit 30. My son was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth and 22 inches and also need the straps moved up on day 1. My son has a really long torso so he outgrew the Keyfit 30 by height at 9 1/2 months old and 19 lbs. I was really hoping he'd make it to a year in the seat but his torso is just too long. He moved to a TFP after the Keyfit and I'm thinking it will fit him till he's 6.

elle7715

DD2 was only 7.5 lbs and needed the second slots at birth. I would take the shoulder pads and infant insert out for now. I only started liking the shoulder pads when DD2 got bigger and there was more strap above the chest clip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC