I need the RN to work in my truck

glockchick

Please, please, please, please, please....

I know we're tried it and others have tried it, but there has to be something, some way to make it work. I need Abigail in a harness seat she can sleep in, no continuous harness (per dh :rolleyes:), and narrow. I can make a FR work if I have no choice, but I'd rather not. Its tight.

Yes, I may be getting a little desperate here. FWIW, she fits in a MA in the house with about 1/2" of growing room.

ADS

MoreLatte

I have a Yukon XL and was able to get a FF radian middle row center and outboard seats. Have you tried those positions? I've never tried center third row but do know the other two worked.

glockchick

It's a 99. I've tried both center positions, but not outboard.

Trying to convince dh to let me get the Kohl's RNs so I can return them if I can't get them to work. :whistle:

babygirlsmom1005

Old body style or new?

If it's a newer body style - I got the RN in this weekend center row center in my mom's 03' Tahoe via LATCH (first time for me to use LATCH with that seat :D) I wanted to try it RF'ing, but didn't have time.....

glockchick

Old. :(

suburban.jpg

glockchick

Doesn't matter. Dh is pissed with all my buying and returning because seats aren't "perfect" for me.

He wants me to leave Abigail in the booster and give Kaleigh the GN in his truck. :rolleyes: He says I'm done and to make what I have work. :(

But he won't let me use the Scenera because it's a "piece of crap". :rolleyes:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
FWIW, if you had head slump in the Nauti, you haven't seen anything until you use a Radian. They are even worse I think for head slump. It's a REALLY upright seat. So I don't think you'd be gaining anything in that dept.

Feel better?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
If anyone owns this SUV in my area, I would totally try. It is the same body as what other vehicle?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have, I THINK a 99 suburban. Tell me if that is that same. I can take a pic of the seat, if needed.

MoreLatte

FWIW, if you had head slump in the Nauti, you haven't seen anything until you use a Radian. They are even worse I think for head slump. It's a REALLY upright seat. So I don't think you'd be gaining anything in that dept.

Feel better?

We had horrible headslump with the XTSL, but don't have any with a regular RN:confused: Sorry, just had to mention it:p

glockchick

Feel better?

So what you're saying is that I should stick with frontiers. ;)

Sigh. Will probably try a maestro with sock strap covers.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have a third row seat sitting in my garage. If you want me to try something, just say the word.

glockchick

Lol. Thanks. I can't think of anything at the moment unless you just want to see if you can get the rn ffing in the center.

I love the way the girls fit in the frontiers but they're such wide seats. :( it would work very snugly for Abi but not for kaleigh and have room for kids on either side of her.

Do you think I could fit a frontier and radian in the 3rd row and have room for a belted kid?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Do you think I could fit a frontier and radian in the 3rd row and have room for a belted kid?

That would be pretty tight. That seat isn't huge.

Here is my seat in action. No way would this work IN the car.

IMG_7939.jpg

So, if you don't want us the try this, was this just a vent thread?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If I had access to the vehicle, I'd totally take up the challenge. I'm not Judi, but I am insanely stubborn :whistle:

glockchick

So, if you don't want us the try this, was this just a vent thread?

I would love to try them but it seems pointless if dh won't let me get them anyway. He told me that after i posted I may do it anyway.

Can you try two RNs in the center and side of the 3rd row? That would allow an older kid to fit in the 2nd row....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC